Windows 10: search bar is crashing

Discus and support search bar is crashing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XcordiX, Aug 4, 2022.

1. XcordiX Win User

search bar is crashing

Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help.

:)

XcordiX, Aug 4, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 4, 2022
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 4, 2022
  4. search bar is crashing

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

search bar is crashing

1. search bar is crashing - Similar Threads - search bar crashing

2. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar crash: Hi everyonesearch application on windows 10problem date StatusStopped working 2023 Report sentDetalesProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.10.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name: praid:CortanaUIand the error continue...
  3. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar crash: Hi everyonesearch application on windows 10problem date StatusStopped working 2023 Report sentDetalesProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.10.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name: praid:CortanaUIand the error continue...
  4. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar crash: Hi everyone Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem details it says that the -Stopped working- and "Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash"...
  6. search bar is crashing

search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  7. search bar is crashing

in Cortana
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  8. search bar crashing

in Cortana
    search bar crashing: Hi why is my search bar crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashing/fc0bdd94-155c-47ec-842e-f8eb25b56885
  9. search bar crashing

search bar crashing: Hi why is my search bar crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashing/fc0bdd94-155c-47ec-842e-f8eb25b56885
  10. search bar crashes

in Cortana
    search bar crashes: Whenever I open search bar it crashes. Even unable to search any program in start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashes/968dcbbf-9215-433b-8271-8b968bc736ff