Windows 10: Search Bar is not responding

Discus and support Search Bar is not responding in Cortana to solve the problem; I had a Windows Update on August 18, 2020. After that I noticed by Search Bar is not responding. Cannot even find the SearchUI.exe in the taskbar when... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Carla MichaelaHermoso, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Search Bar is not responding

I had a Windows Update on August 18, 2020. After that I noticed by Search Bar is not responding. Cannot even find the SearchUI.exe in the taskbar when trying to reset. I tried to reset my PC and then try to update Windows again but it says I'm up to date. I checked the security intelligence version it updated to me on Aug. 18 and it said it updated me to 1.321.1652.0 but when I checked the Windows site it said it should be version 1.321.1718.0, Engine Version: 1.1.17300.4, Platform Version: 4.18.2007.8 as the update was released today 8/19/2020 3:02:13 AM. Please help. I'm not IT. I don't know what to do with my search bar not working. :

:)

Carla MichaelaHermoso, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Search Bar is not responding

My stuff is not responding in the search bar after indexing

Hi Sertan,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

1) Have you made any changes to the computer except indexing prior to the issue?

2) Since when the My stuff button is not responding in the search bar?

3) Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

You can run the Search and indexing troubleshooter
    in Windows 10 and check if it helps. It will find and fix problems with the Windows search. Follow the below steps to run Search and indexing
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Search and indexing
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Search and indexing troubleshooter.
    The Error: 0x800f081f might occur if some of the files needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing. I suggest you to install the latest updates and check if it helps to resolve the error after you run DISM.

I hope the above information helps to fix the issue when you use settings. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Search Bar is not responding

1. Search Bar is not responding - Similar Threads - Search Bar responding

2. search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not responding: I tried to change my font but didn't like it so I switched back to normal. I used this method:ffirst change: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI...
  3. search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar not responding: I tried to change my font but didn't like it so I switched back to normal. I used this method:ffirst change: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI...
  4. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  5. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  6. Windows search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not responding: My device was recently modified, and now the search bar isn't working. The search box does not allow any input. I attempted several restarts with no success. Despite the fact that the quest works fine in safe mode. In normal mode, however, it does not react at all. Is...
  7. Search bar is not responding to any interactions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar is not responding to any interactions: This bug has been going on for me for a few days now and I dont know how to fix it. I am trying to use the search bar on windows 10 and it isnt opening up. I can click it but it doesnt show any response to it. Here is a link to a gif I took of me trying to click it...
  8. Search bar not responding - Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding - Windows 10: Dear all, A few hours ago I encountered an issue with the search feature in Windows 10. It just stopped responding. I am able to type in the search bar, however nothing appears not even a "no results" indication as in other cases reported around. I have tried all the...
  9. Search bar not responding - Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding - Windows 10: <p>Dear all,</p><p></p><p>A few hours ago I encountered an issue with the search feature in Windows 10. It just stopped responding. I am able to type in the search bar, however nothing appears not even a "no results" indication as in other cases reported around. I have tried...
  10. Search bar not responding

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding: I tried messing with cortana, like setting it up and stuff, I switched to english, worked fine until I restarted my laptop, then cortana would not open, neither search bar would. I have tried a some stuff but with no success, its fine if i don't have cortana, but how to get...