Windows 10: Search Bar is not working correctly

Discus and support Search Bar is not working correctly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to search it shows already uninstalled programs and I'm not able to find new ones... Restarting windows didn't work. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KryKrycz, May 12, 2020.

1. Search Bar is not working correctly

When I try to search it shows already uninstalled programs and I'm not able to find new ones...

Restarting windows didn't work.

submitted by /u/KryKrycz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KryKrycz, May 12, 2020
  2. Mitchell Win User

Search Not Working Correctly

Search Bar is not working correctly [​IMG]
    So I decided to give Windows 10 Another try.
    The were still indexing message still appears, but I still have to click, "Search my Stuff" which is an extra step compared to Windows 7.
    I have Web Search off.

I've also noticed when click search my stuff, I have the dots flying across, if that means anything

Mitchell, May 12, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 12, 2020
  4. Search Bar is not working correctly

Windows 10 search bar not working correctly, keeps searching and never finds anything.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to check if Windows search service is running. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press
      enter.
    • Locate the Windows Search service and right click on it.
    • Click on Properties and check the start option has been enabled.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to rebuild search index. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X and click on Control Panel.
    • From the Control Panel window select Indexing Options.
    • Click the Advanced button. Note: access to this option requires the PC administrator's permissions.
    • Select Rebuild. Selecting Rebuild will begin the process of deleting and then rebuilding your PC's search index, remember this is a time consuming process.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Search Bar is not working correctly

1. Search Bar is not working correctly - Similar Threads - Search Bar working

2. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When i click on my search bar it doesnt even open and i keep on clicking it and it doesnt do anything, and when i open task manager i look and the search task crashes all the time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. search bar not working

in Cortana
    search bar not working: i am unale to type in search bar after resetting my windows 10 please help me i searched many website and video how to solve this problem but nothing helped me, this is my last time that i am searching solution for this problem .wait i foget one thing, my cortana is also not...
  4. Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar not working: My Search bar is visible in Task bar but it is not in active mode. ie. the search bar is not allowing me to type anything in that. pl advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/30c325f7-7ab5-4cde-b89a-c815e18e4e68
  5. Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar not working: Windows was working fine all day and suddenly I'm unable to use search bar submitted by /u/CitrusFart [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz8u0d/search_bar_not_working/
  6. Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Search not working correctly: Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a search bar in win10. I just did a clean windows install and noticed that the search bar doesn't find some of the things I'm looking for. For example, if I searched for "sound" or "remove" before reinstalling windows, the search...
  7. Search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar is not working: My windows 10 search bar is not working, I cannot search anything i can type in it but I cannot view anything Cortana works as intended but otherwise no https://gyazo.com/2aca58ff56a9880cd344cbd31b8f0230 submitted by /u/Shit_Talking_Irelia [link] [comments]...
  8. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When I click on the search bar nothing happens it just shows me the loading icon , I tried troubleshooting it didn't work . This happened after I updated to an optional update that showed in the Check for updates tab....
  9. Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar not working: When i try to search with cortana it just shows a blue loading line. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/5445367b-e5c2-4648-ad98-1955202457b0"
  10. Search Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Not Working Correctly: Hi, My search box doesnt seem to be working correctly. When i seach for my files, nothing appears unless i click search my stuff > Other place to look > File explorer. Its fine when searching for apps such as Word or Edge. I've tried rebuilding my index and what not...