Windows 10: Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

Discus and support Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IanChung1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. IanChung1 Win User

Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?

:)

IanChung1, Aug 19, 2020
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

1. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar - Similar Threads - Search bar isn't

2. Search bar on small taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on small taskbar: [ATTACH] Is this new? I don't remember Windows 10 supports showing the search box if small taskbar icons is enabled. https://preview.redd.it/st95bo4ulu4a1.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=8ec4815f928e201b60ae0cc036b55274bbf916c2 OS Build: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC...
  3. Applications that showed up when I search in the search bar on the taskbar no longer appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications that showed up when I search in the search bar on the taskbar no longer appear: I recently reinstalled windows after an update that corrupted my windows installation, and I managed to salvage the contents of the drive, like programs, program data etc. I copied these files over to the new installation and the applications, once launched, work perfectly...
  4. Applications that showed up when I search in the search bar on the taskbar no longer appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications that showed up when I search in the search bar on the taskbar no longer appear: I recently reinstalled windows after an update that corrupted my windows installation, and I managed to salvage the contents of the drive, like programs, program data etc. I copied these files over to the new installation and the applications, once launched, work perfectly...
  5. Search bar isn't working perfectly

in Cortana
    Search bar isn't working perfectly: Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc manufacturerHP as my pc was under warranty.After many remote test my hp agents,they send HP engineer to my home,to check my...
  6. Why isn't Search bar changing???

in Cortana
    Why isn't Search bar changing???: Hey! After the 20H2 update, almost every PCs have the search bar changed from 'Type here to search' to 'Search'. But...why isn't it changing on mine?? Even my brother's changed, my classmate's changed, and why is it not changing on mine?!! Please tell me any solutions. I...
  7. Taskbar Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search Bar Not Working: I think after I downloaded Windows 10 2004, my search bar stopped working. Firstly, it's not the full-size search bar anymore. It's just the search icon. I want it to be the full-size search bar, but when I right-click and view the options, there is no option to make it...
  8. Quick search isn't available in search bar

in Cortana
    Quick search isn't available in search bar: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-isnt-available-in-search-bar/4709c6f9-bd80-4dac-b9ea-536d99602088
  9. Search bar on taskbar is missing

in Cortana
    Search bar on taskbar is missing: So, after I logged onto my computer this morning, I noticed that my taskbar had changed. There is no longer the search bar on my taskbar, and I have no idea why. I have already right clicked on the taskbar and confirmed that the option to show the search box no longer...
  10. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...