Windows 10: Search bar isn't working perfectly

Discus and support Search bar isn't working perfectly in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Pankaj687, May 2, 2021.

1. Pankaj687 Win User

Search bar isn't working perfectly

Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc manufacturerHP as my pc was under warranty.After many remote test my hp agents,they send HP engineer to my home,to check my pc.After checking my PC,they found no issues with my pc.He told that it is reported by many users and it is due to a bug in 20h2 version of windows,and only windows support can help in this case.After a hour I decided to perform a system restore but it also fails by giving an error message.

:)

Pankaj687, May 2, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 2, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, May 2, 2021
  4. Search bar isn't working perfectly

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Search bar isn't working perfectly

1. Search bar isn't working perfectly - Similar Threads - Search bar isn't

2. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

in Cortana
    Why isn't my Search Bar Working?: My Search Bar opens for about 1 second-ish before closing. I don't know how to fix it, I feel like I have tried everything. Possibly unrelated but my mouse is also freezing and lagging in some games specifically Destiny 2 and Valorant...
  3. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my Search Bar Working?: My Search Bar opens for about 1 second-ish before closing. I don't know how to fix it, I feel like I have tried everything. Possibly unrelated but my mouse is also freezing and lagging in some games specifically Destiny 2 and Valorant...
  4. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  6. Why isn't Search bar changing???

in Cortana
    Why isn't Search bar changing???: Hey! After the 20H2 update, almost every PCs have the search bar changed from 'Type here to search' to 'Search'. But...why isn't it changing on mine?? Even my brother's changed, my classmate's changed, and why is it not changing on mine?!! Please tell me any solutions. I...
  7. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar: I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?...
  8. Quick search isn't available in search bar

in Cortana
    Quick search isn't available in search bar: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-isnt-available-in-search-bar/4709c6f9-bd80-4dac-b9ea-536d99602088
  9. keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar: for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my...
  10. Search isn't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search isn't working: I'm talking about pressing <Windows> and typing in a shortcut name that lives in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Simply put, it doesn't find the shortcut. And I don't feel like rebuilding the entire index, since I doubt it will solve...