Windows 10: Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

Discus and support Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Φίλιππος, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this?

:)

Φίλιππος, Jan 21, 2023
  2. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Jan 21, 2023
  3. I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

I just updated my computer to the latest version of windows 10 today. The second it was done I tried to find an app on the Cortana search bar, and I typed one letter and it froze and closed. I already tried a different Microsoft account, and SFC Scannow.

OscarT_0406, Jan 21, 2023
  4. KevinCiz Win User

Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

Can't Type inside the Search Bar (i can only type 1 letter and it will freeze and close the search bar)

The only way to use the search right now is by using Voice To Speech through Cortana, i cant manually type in what i want to search...

For example i want to type Testing.... when i type the letter T the search bar will freeze and whatever i key in wont be shown and search bar will close automatically a few second later... Help me pls !

i've tried PowerShell code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}, and many other ways that i could possibly
    googled.

Is there anyway for me to reinstall my search bar?... This happened after i did a clean reinstall of windows 10.

KevinCiz, Jan 21, 2023
Thema:

Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

1. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters - Similar Threads - Search bar keeps

2. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters: I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-keeps-closing-before-i-get-to-type-any/b537b00e-6e5e-432d-bd22-d378d609873c
  3. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters: I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-keeps-closing-before-i-get-to-type-any/b537b00e-6e5e-432d-bd22-d378d609873c
  4. Search Bar keeps closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar keeps closing: I have been having a problem with the search bar as it keeps on closing before I can type anything in. I have tried restarting the search tool through task manager, etc, as well as indexing my files again. However, the problem persists. I have finished all updates on my...
  5. Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing: Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my windows start button either by clicking on it and I have to use the windows button instead but it would still close sometimes. A...
  6. I cant type in any search bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant type in any search bar: I have a MacBook pro-2017 13 inch boot camped to windows 10latest available version. The keyboard works fine when I'm in apple OS but in Windows I can't type in specific areas such as the search bar in the taskbar, the windows store search bar, sign in to Microsoft Store or...
  7. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

in Cortana
    Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.: Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-1-letter-in-the-search-bar-causes-it-to/68a0eaec-75e5-43d8-833a-771bf41a1068
  8. SEARCH closes before can type anything

in Cortana
    SEARCH closes before can type anything: I open search go to type and it closes. I found the fix but guess what you have to type Regedit in search first . What a joke as soon as you start to type it shuts down. I brought a new laptop because the other perfectly good one would not update drivers for USB,printer...
  9. Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything: I have been having this problem for a while now and it is really annoying. I can't use my search bar at all. No matter what I try it will not fix. I'm already up to date with the current version of windows. Is there anything that can help me fix my problem? submitted by...
  10. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...