Windows 10: Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

Discus and support Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vee_Jay, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this issue? After some digging I saw that a lot of people were getting this same problem this week which makes me think it has something to do with the new update. Here's some of the things I tried to do to solve it, obviously to no avail:

Restarting Cortana, Restarting Windows Explorer, Restarting Computer, Rebuilding File Index, Troubleshooting Windows (which only tells me there's an error on "Incorrect Permissions on Windows Search Directories" but doesn't fix it so like what's the point), I also checked if my drivers were up to date(they were) and tried using another keyboard.

submitted by /u/Vee_Jay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vee_Jay, Feb 19, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 19, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

1. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something - Similar Threads - Search Bar keeps

2. Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar: I have tried different keyboards, mouse, touch screen, fresh install of windows and problem persists. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-dots-when-trying-to-type-into-search/60e9425e-15da-4ec2-9077-58289ab7bdcf
  3. Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar: I have tried different keyboards, mouse, touch screen, fresh install of windows and problem persists. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-dots-when-trying-to-type-into-search/60e9425e-15da-4ec2-9077-58289ab7bdcf
  4. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  5. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  6. Search bar keeps crashing.

Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  7. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.: When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-closing-when-i-try-to-write-something/c88740fc-749c-4c96-820d-cc024a78386d
  8. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  9. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  10. Something keeps happening when I type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something keeps happening when I type: [ATTACH] Instead of a line when I type in a text box, it just becomes a whole black rectangle. Can someone help me? Thanks. Something I could of thinked of: (this started this morning) This morning, an update happened. The update could've done something to do this >...