Windows 10: Search bar keeps crashing.

Discus and support Search bar keeps crashing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SirikiLohit, May 6, 2022.

1. Search bar keeps crashing.

Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many methods, including using this code in PowerShell admin:Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}and sfc /scannow in CMD admin.But still, It didn't work. Can anybody help fix this issue?When I ran The code, it shows like this:->

:)

SirikiLohit, May 6, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 6, 2022
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 6, 2022
  4. Search bar keeps crashing.

Unable to search files using Windows search bar

Hi Jill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would recommend you to run
    search and indexing troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Type indexing on the search bar and click on click on
      search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the search and indexing dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      search and indexing troubleshooter.
    Please be informed that, it is not possible to revert back to the Windows 7 Start menu. However, I suggest you to give your valuable feedback and suggestion using Windows feedback app.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Search bar keeps crashing.

1. Search bar keeps crashing. - Similar Threads - Search bar keeps

2. search bar is crashing

in Cortana
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  3. Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.: Hi, My windows serach bar keeps crashing and I tried all the methods to fix my serach bar by restarting my computer, checking updates, restarting windows explorer or even resetting my pc. Howevedr otehr users on my pc were bale to type in the search bar but whenever I tried...
  4. Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.: Hi, My windows serach bar keeps crashing and I tried all the methods to fix my serach bar by restarting my computer, checking updates, restarting windows explorer or even resetting my pc. Howevedr otehr users on my pc were bale to type in the search bar but whenever I tried...
  5. My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.: My Search bar keeps crashing and will not open. I have tried trouble shooting and it knows theres an issue but when it fixes it the Search bar doesnt crash anymore but infinitely loads, after a restart it goes back to square one to crashing.Info i got from Event...
  6. My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.

My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.: My Search bar keeps crashing and will not open. I have tried trouble shooting and it knows theres an issue but when it fixes it the Search bar doesnt crash anymore but infinitely loads, after a restart it goes back to square one to crashing.Info i got from Event...
  7. My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.

in Cortana
  8. Search bar keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  9. Search bar keeps crashing.

Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  10. Search bar keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar keeps crashing: I'm having trouble with the search bar. Every time I try to search for something, the search bar won't put in what I type and then it crashes. It is so frustrating and annoying. I have restarted my pc and looked up just about everything, including this post:...