Windows 10: Search bar keeps popping up

Discus and support Search bar keeps popping up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise. 99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511 10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BatteryMan, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Search bar keeps popping up

Good day

I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise.
    99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511
    10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized desktops, all of the same spec

Now when using some of the PC's, the user clicks on the Start button and the Search button appears, everytime, all the time. This is very annoying!
    Now my terminology might be wrong. It seems more like something it trying to breakout to the internet, more than wanting to run a Search for something.
    I have Googled this for 2 odd days and every post i reads point to the fact that you have to change settings in the control panel that affect the mouse.
    I have run through this process. My work notebook has the synaptic page when the options are that has to be unticked. The new desktop I just loaded with Windows 10 does not.
    My notebook does not have this pop up, the desktop has the pop up.

The pop is super annoying and i cannot get rid of it. Anyone has some advise please, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please see the attached image.

Many thanks

Gideon

:)

BatteryMan, Aug 15, 2017

2. Search Bar / News on Windows 10 Keeps Popping Up

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Did you made any changes to your PC?

Is this happening recently?

Generally, you need to press Windows logo key + S to launch search bar on desktop. Ensure that there is no problem with those keys. Also go for a complete system scan with Windows Defender or with any available Antivirus software to make
    sure that your PC is malware and virus free.

Do test this issue by booting your system in Safe Mode and see if same happens there.

Note: Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start
    Windows are installed. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

• Restart your PC. When you reach the
      sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the
      Power button, and then select Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

• When you're on to the
      Safe Mode,
      check and see if the same happens there. If everything works fine there, then the possible cause of the issue might be some application. Remember if you made any recent changes to your PC causing this issue,
      then try to undo those changes to see if it fix the issue.
    Keep us posted the outcome to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Search Bar / News on Windows 10 Keeps Popping Up

I have Windows 10 and the search bar / news menu pops up inadvertently on a very frequent basis. I cannot figure out exactly what movements are causing it but it seems to be related to my laptop's mousepad. How can I turn off whatever shortcut I am accidentally
    "activating"?

Mark Braithwaite YAB, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Search bar keeps popping up

Welcome to TenForums @BatteryMan

The popup shows you are using an IPCop Proxy Server. I would agree with your assumption that on the machines that display this "It seems more like something it trying to breakout to the internet". The question is what.

That may be a red herring. Have a look at Settings > Personalise > Start and see if 'Occasionally show suggestions in Start' is turned on for those machines showing the Search popup. As this is a per-user setting it may worth checking if it occurs for all users or just particular ones.

If you have the Enterprise edition installed, then this setting can also be disable in Group Policy.

Thema:

Search bar keeps popping up

1. Search bar keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Search bar keeps

2. The search menu and calendar keep popping up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search menu and calendar keep popping up randomly: While I'm not even touching my laptop, the Windows search menu and calendar keep popping up randomly and it's very annoying. My cursor also acts weirdly sometimes but I'm not sure if that's related. Every malware check I've done comes up with nothing so I don't know what the...
  3. The search menu and calendar keep popping up randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search menu and calendar keep popping up randomly: While I'm not even touching my laptop, the Windows search menu and calendar keep popping up randomly and it's very annoying. My cursor also acts weirdly sometimes but I'm not sure if that's related. Every malware check I've done comes up with nothing so I don't know what the...
  4. Scroll bar in the search pop out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll bar in the search pop out: Recents section overflowing Is this a feature? Is this a bug? Maybe both? (Least petty Windows user ever) submitted by /u/Business-Position [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wo7a2k/scroll_bar_in_the_search_pop_out/
  5. Search Window keeps popping up....

in Cortana
    Search Window keeps popping up....: Search Window keeps popping up....How can I stop this from happening???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-keeps-popping-up/96204ca6-4340-47b9-b6b7-d74298556c35
  6. find bar keeps popping up

in Cortana
    find bar keeps popping up: whenever I type the find barkeeps popping up even when I'm not pressin ctrl F and it takes me ages to type 1 sentence because I have to keep exiting it every 2-3 words I type. when I want to read a webpage it pops up and scrolls thru the searches. I just wanna disable it....
  7. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  8. Pop-Up language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop-Up language bar: After the update, when switching languages, a pop-up language bar began to appear on the right side. Please teach how to remove it. He is very nervous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-language-bar/bbb98cb9-469e-472b-b218-e59530edd448
  9. Cant type into search bar, no menu pop up either.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant type into search bar, no menu pop up either.: Cant type into the search bar, no menu pops up when i click and i cant type. Tried restarting and shut down and nothing, still the same when i boot back up. submitted by /u/JustADudewithBalls [link] [comments]...
  10. Volume bar keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume bar keeps popping up: The volume bar keeps appearing in the top left corner on my laptop screen. It's been happening for a while now and it's really annoying, especially when I'm watching a video and it keeps popping up. Any suggestions on something I might have accidentally enabled/diasbled??...