Windows 10: Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

Discus and support Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm looking only for a way to have less length in the windows taskabr search box.It is currently 36 characters long, and uses more taskbar than... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DiggerDavey, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

Hi all, I'm looking only for a way to have less length in the windows taskabr search box.It is currently 36 characters long, and uses more taskbar than I want.Can you make it 10 characters long by a registry hack?Cheers

:)

DiggerDavey, Feb 27, 2022

2. windows 10 no search bar until i hit first character

there is no search bar until i hist the first character of the item i am searching for,,then it won't let me click on that item

any suggestions?

thanx

larryofnewyork, Feb 27, 2022
  3. Character length restriction

Unsure what you mean by character length. Care to be more specific?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 27, 2022
  4. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

Cannot type full word in windows search, edge address bar or search bar.

David,

I have tried the suggested DSIM actions previously without success.

AS mentioned, if I paste the text string (or url) into the search/address bars, then the function works.

What I cannot do is type a text string into the bars, as I start typing, a couple of characters are shown in the predicative drop down, and as I type more, the original characters are removed and 2 ~ 3 new characters are then in the drop down list which
    constantly flashes as if searching.

This is extremely unusual behavior and also difficult to describe other than to say I cannot type a full text string with any more than 3 characters at a time making the search function totally useless EVER SINCE THE CREATOR UPDATE.

D-Ralph-HK, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

1. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long... - Similar Threads - Search Bar LENGTH

2. Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length: I want to search a given location for all videos less than 20 minutes long. I dont see how I can put that variable in. Just short medium long.......
  3. Task Bar Length Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Length Issue: Hi,When I pin a lot of apps to my task bar it fills up to the point at which it displays a vertical separator followed by one app icon. If I keep pinning more apps to the task bar, each app's icon replaces the previously pinned app icon. So I now have this separator and a...
  4. Task Bar Length Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Length Issue: Hi,When I pin a lot of apps to my task bar it fills up to the point at which it displays a vertical separator followed by one app icon. If I keep pinning more apps to the task bar, each app's icon replaces the previously pinned app icon. So I now have this separator and a...
  5. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...: Hi all, I'm looking only for a way to have less length in the windows taskabr search box.It is currently 36 characters long, and uses more taskbar than I want.Can you make it 10 characters long by a registry hack?Cheers...
  6. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...: Hi all, I'm looking only for a way to have less length in the windows taskabr search box.It is currently 36 characters long, and uses more taskbar than I want.Can you make it 10 characters long by a registry hack?Cheers...
  7. Length Disappears in File Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Length Disappears in File Explorer Search: Hi there... a problem just developed a couple of days ago with only one of my external drives where the length time of the file no longer shows when I run a Search by name, although I can still see the length of the same file once I get out of the Search and return the normal...
  8. Long search bar doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long search bar doesn't appear: Hello, recently I wanted to change my search icon to be the search field but I can't find this option by right clicking on search icon, is there a reason why it doesn't appear? submitted by /u/Danon221 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows: 8192 character command line length limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows: 8192 character command line length limit: Dear experts, do we have some news about when the current 8192 character command line length limit will be removed? Can one expect to have a Windows distribution which allows the user to set environment variables likePATH or PYTHONPATH which length can be larger than the...
  10. Search for music length:>hh:mm:ss

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for music length:>hh:mm:ss: Hi Can anyone tell me how to search in a Windows 10 window for all music files longer than (say) ten minutes? . I have got this part ... "kind:=music length:>xyz" ..but I can't find what format the 'xyz' should be in. . When viewing folders in...