Windows 10: Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them

Discus and support Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rinabow, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Rinabow Win User

Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them

HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that keeps coming back each time no matter what I do. I've re-done the Windows installation several times, but this seems to only fix the issue temporarily, and I can't find any other solution that works.Everything will be running fine for the first few days of the install, and then I don't know whether it's an update, or something else that I'm doing afterwards, but I seem to encounter some issue where the search bar on the start menu and in folder

:)

Rinabow, Nov 24, 2022

2. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar Apps Unable to open

Thank you for the information.

If that's the case, we suggest resetting Mail & Calendar app by following the steps below:

• On the search bar, type Settings and press Enter.
    • Select Apps.
    • Locate and click Mail and Calendar, select Reset.

After resetting the apps, we recommend resetting cache of Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

Let us know if you're able to access Mail & Calendar apps.

Regards.

Justine Pel, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 24, 2022
  4. vligonis Win User

Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them

Mail and Calendar app won't launch

ok this works. There must have been an update as the install file has changed from under 179 mb to 180 mb:

1.Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2.Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3.Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

vligonis, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them - Similar Threads - Search bar mail

2. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....
  3. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....
  4. Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them: HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that keeps coming back each time no matter what I do. I've re-done the Windows installation several times, but this seems to only...
  5. Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar, mail, clock, calendar and other apps crash immediately after I click on them: HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that keeps coming back each time no matter what I do. I've re-done the Windows installation several times, but this seems to only...
  6. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.: I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving...
  7. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.: I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving...
  8. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening: Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but...
  10. Mail & Calendar app crashing

Mail & Calendar app crashing: I have Windows 10 Ver 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) After uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 I am unable to use the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. When I try to open either Mail or Calendar they crash immediately. I have tried every conceivable method that has been posted...