Windows 10: Search bar, menu start, task manager, downloading things doesnt work all together

Discus and support Search bar, menu start, task manager, downloading things doesnt work all together in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Search bar, menu start does nothing when i click on them, when i try download something from google it doesn't do anything. when i open programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kentyson, Dec 8, 2018.

1. kentyson Win User

Search bar, menu start, task manager, downloading things doesnt work all together

Search bar, menu start does nothing when i click on them, when i try download something from google it doesn't do anything. when i open programs and try do something it takes 10 mins to load and either if you click on it or not it will become unresponsive for no reason. then i would randomly get a box error with no text at all with the only answer that says "ok" and you can't even click or move it, if you click it, it will become unresponsive. maybe is it because i disabled or uninstall a few apps from settings but right now my laptop is a living hell please help me. thanks

:)

kentyson, Dec 8, 2018

2. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Cannot type any thing in the search bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed,I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to search form grove music app or start search? since you have posted this issue in grove app category?

• which window 10 build are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to restart ecplorer.exe and check.please follow the steps below:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Task manager, click on details tab, search for
      explorer.exe.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager at top left corner of the window and select
      Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK..

Method 2

I suggest you to refer the suggestion by Bennet Martin replied on October 13,2015 in the given link below:

Search doesn’t work on the PC in Insider Preview Build 10565

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Search bar, menu start, task manager, downloading things doesnt work all together

Task Bar and Start Menu Problems

Hi Redical,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that Start menu and task bar is not functioning as it should, and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Please refer to the thread answered by Mr. Sharath Srinivasa and follow the steps to resolve the Start Menu issue.

Start menu doesn’t appear

You may also refer to the thread answered by Mr. RavinLad and follow the steps and check if it helps:

Windows 10 10130: Start menu, task bar and settings not working

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Search bar, menu start, task manager, downloading things doesnt work all together

1. Search bar, menu start, task manager, downloading things doesnt work all together - Similar Threads - Search bar menu

2. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  3. Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work: windows 10, i already tried a whole system reset twice and have done everything else in the book including sfc and windows troubleshooter. when i press the start menu, the app has a little line below it....
  4. Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work: windows 10, i already tried a whole system reset twice and have done everything else in the book including sfc and windows troubleshooter. when i press the start menu, the app has a little line below it....
  5. Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. start menu search bar not working

start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  7. Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!

Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!: Hi everyone! So I have been searching for ways to fix this issue but all solutions include using the start menu or task manager. Any suggestions for how to fix this? For reference here is everything that doesn't work: start menu search bar task manager cortana I...
  8. Start menu and search bar not working

Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  9. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  10. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...