Windows 10: Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

Discus and support Search Bar Missing From Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by throwin hunnets, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

Hello everybody,
    I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some changes, and then decided to uninstall the program and go back to the default start menu. The uninstallation required a restart, which I did, however now the start menu bottom search bar is gone. I tried going through the start menu settings but no luck. So I tried reinstalling Start 10, but it says that the computer must restart to finish the earlier uninstallation before a new install can begin. I have tried turning the laptop completely off multiple times but get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

throwin hunnets, Aug 21, 2015

2. Unable to activate: Start menu, Search. Microsoft Edge and OneDrive are missing

My System, Lenovo Yoga 300, pre-installed with Windows 10 was working perfectly up to yesterday evening. Suddenly the visuals in the icons of the Task bar disappeared. When I have restarted, the
    Start up Menu and the Search option are disabled and the Microsoft Edge icon is missing from the Task bar and OneDrive is also missing.

Kindly guide me to restore my system.

Jayakar

Jayakar Johnson Joseph, Aug 21, 2015
  3. carolWK Win User
    WINDOWS 10 START MENU and SEARCH STOPPED WORKING - FIXED all -- BUT APPS DISAPPEARED...

• AUG 24, 2015:
    • START MENU and SEARCH stopped working --(AND many items on the task bar disappeared or stopped working). Also the apps were no longer accessible.
    • To fix, I tried all the fixes suggested by MS support that I found in the answers to others with the same problem--but none of it worked.
    • I FIXED THE PROBLEM by using RESTORE ...(YAY!!!)... and restored my system to the state it was in before the last update I had received.
    • It took forever.. (I went to bed and let it run overnight) BUT IT WORKED! EVERYTHING IS WORKING: start menu, search, etc. etc. Everything was back and working except for the APPS... no apps appeared in the start menu and the 'app store' icon was still
      missing from the task bar.
    • After all was restored, I did a Windows 10 UPDATE, to get back the updates that were removed when i did a system restore--everything worked out fine!
    • HOWEVER, all the APPS were still missing
      from the start menu and the MS APP STORE icon is still missing from the task bar.
    • BUT I am able to add apps back to the computer (and to the start menu) one by one.
    • ...... Anyone know of a way to restore all the apps to my computer and restore the "Store" icon back to my task bar?

carolWK, Aug 21, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

Hi and welcome to the forum *Smile

Have at the link below:
    Stardock Start10 Manual Uninstall

I have never used the above site. Please scan any files you download from the site for malware BEFORE they are run.

If you decide to perform a manual uninstall of Start10 using the above method, please reboot after the uninstall is complete and let us know if the problem has been resolved.

Thanks

Edit: Have a look at this thread on the Stardock forums as it may be a solution without manual uninstall
    Uninstalled Start10, now my start icon is missing

WhyMe, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

1. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu - Similar Threads - Search Bar Missing

2. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  3. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  4. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  5. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  6. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Errro with Start Menu and start search bar

Errro with Start Menu and start search bar: I need help with the error in the image attached. I don't know if it is a virus. I have updated windows but still this problem. I can't type in Microsoft word document i get this \\\\\ where every i try to type. The image below is when i try to open the start menu.[ATTACH]...
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...