Windows 10: Search Bar missing from windows explorer.

Discus and support Search Bar missing from windows explorer. in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I'm on windows prerelease build 18917 (fast cycle). Last week's update replaced the search bar with a little square icon, I waited for this... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lojcs, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Lojcs Win User

Search Bar missing from windows explorer.

Search Bar missing from windows explorer. 7031e76f-84b8-441c-ad97-ecb5fff5ba44?upload=true.png I'm on windows prerelease build 18917 (fast cycle). Last week's update replaced the search bar with a little square icon, I waited for this week's before asking for assistance but it didn't return with this week's build neither. Clicking on the square restarts the whole explorer. While restarting its task manager status reads "suspended". Is this a temporary glitch from the prerelease build or a solvable problem?

:)

Lojcs, Jun 14, 2019

2. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 14, 2019
  3. File Explorer missing with Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if File Explorer is unpinned from the taskbar due to change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Is the issue specific with File Explorer?

If you have not tried to pin the File Explorer icon, then I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "File Explorer" without the quotes in the search bar and right click on it.

3. Then click on Pin to taskbar.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 14, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Search Bar missing from windows explorer. - Similar Threads - Search Bar missing

2. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge search bar is missing from taskbar: Every update and restart bring new problems on this Windows 10 computer. After the usual Tuesday update a moment ago computer restarted but Bing address bar is missing from taskbar. How to fix?...
  3. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge search bar is missing from taskbar: Every update and restart bring new problems on this Windows 10 computer. After the usual Tuesday update a moment ago computer restarted but Bing address bar is missing from taskbar. How to fix?...
  4. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons are missing from Search Bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons are missing from Search Bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coolninja111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvvtms/icons_are_missing_from_search_bar/
  6. Missing icon in File Explorer search bar

Missing icon in File Explorer search bar: I'm at my wits' end here - for the longest time I've had this problem where there's a square in place of the magnifier icon in the search bar in File Explorer. There's barely any threads about this bug online - the only one I found mentioned resetting default font...
  7. search bar is missing on windows.

in Cortana
    search bar is missing on windows.: i have it on show search box. why it gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-is-missing-on-windows/95c8c034-ecce-4d34-b1d2-6ed5378da12d
  8. file explorer search bar is missing in every folder

file explorer search bar is missing in every folder: [ATTACH] The file explorer search bar is missing from every folder. I have tried removing all updates but that did not fix it on my asus tuf laptop. I previously had this problem on my msi laptop and the fix was to remove the feature update. However, removing the feature...
  9. Search field missing from explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search field missing from explorer: The search field in explorer, the one in the upper right corner is suddenly missing. It might've happened after an update but I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I updated to build 18922 today, and the search field is still missing. Any solution to this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar Missing From Start Menu: Hello everybody, I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some changes, and then decided to uninstall the program and go back to the default start menu. The uninstallation required a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer search bar missing

2. explorer search bar missing

3. search bar missing from explorer

4. windows explorer bar missing,
  5. windows explorer toolbar missing,
  6. search is missing from explorer,
  7. search bar missing in windows explorer,
  8. missing search bar and icons in file explorer