Windows 10: Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation.

Discus and support Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had an ssd and hdd. Windows was installed on the ssd but unfortunately it died. The hdd(D:) is in top form. I had a spare hdd so i installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grghanna, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation.

I had an ssd and hdd. Windows was installed on the ssd but unfortunately it died. The hdd(DSearch bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. :) is in top form. I had a spare hdd so i installed windows on it. Everything is fine and my hdd(DSearch bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. :) files are accessible and work perfectly. But when i press start and search for something in the search bar, I do not get results from my hdd(DSearch bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. :). I have to manually access it and access the folders i want. Also the apps of the hdd(DSearch bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. :) aren't visible when i try to unistall something. Even tho i can filter the drives to only hdd(DSearch bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. :).

Any help?

submitted by /u/grghanna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grghanna, Dec 14, 2020

2. Quick search not working on secondary drives on windows 10

Hi Foxybite,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What type of files you are trying to search in the search bar?

• What do you refer to when you say secondary drives? Is it the other partition on the hard drive/external hard drive like flash drives or etc.?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

You can run the Search and indexing troubleshooter
    in Windows 10 and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to run Search and indexing
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Search and indexing
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Search and indexing troubleshooter.

Step 2:

Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

• Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on
      Indexing options from the search bar results.

• Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter

• Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on
      OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on
      Show all locations,
      enter the administrator credentials if prompted))

• Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Cortana search IGNORES secondary hard drives!!

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

• Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on
      Indexing options from the search bar results.
    • Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter
    • Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on
      OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on
      Show all locations,
      enter the administrator credentials if prompted))
    • Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.
    If issue persists follow next Method.

Method 2: System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation.

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation.

1. Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation. - Similar Threads - Search bar giving

2. Windows File Explorer Search giving me instant results and now has advanced search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer Search giving me instant results and now has advanced search: Recently my pc did an update,and currently running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 with OS build 19045.3803. Ever since it updated I've noticed that the windows file explorer search bar acted differently than what I was used to. Now when I type a single letter into the search...
  3. Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results: When Searching with Windows Search, It does not show some apps when I search for them. I used Sublime Text as an example. It also does not allow me to web search.View Example Here...
  4. Windows Search Bar No Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar No Results: Whenever search using the mouse or windows key, the windows search bar gives no results and goes inactive after a few seconds. This happens whether the bar is empty or has characters in it. It will prompt the following error in Event Viewer which occurs multiple times after a...
  5. Windows 10 not showing Search results from secondary drive

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not showing Search results from secondary drive: I have been having this problem for years. Whenever I add a secondary drive for indexing in Indexing Options, the "items indexed" count increases but NO RESULTS FROM THE DRIVE ARE RETURNED WHEN I SEARCH FROM THE START MENU. If I open the drive in Explorer and use Explorer's...
  6. Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results

in Cortana
    Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results: Hi, I was trying to search in the start menu, until I saw something... [ATTACH] it shows a search frame of edge. If I click any of the links, it will open edge and bring me to the bing website. It won't go away. If I scroll down and see related results it will show me...
  7. How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer.

in Cortana
    How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer.: Hi The search bar is searching the web for things I'm trying to find on my computer and it's obnoxious. How do I turn it off? Follow up: Cortana's privacy settings are nowhere to be found. Thanks MrTorquil...
  8. Windows Search Bar shows no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Search Bar shows no result: my windows search bar shows no result at all, it goes block and shows a white display. Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-shows-no-result/a9f73fd7-1a52-4ea1-a60a-783dc45b8f20
  9. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  10. Folder search gives me results that I'm not looking for

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder search gives me results that I'm not looking for: When I do a search in a folder, I get results back that have nothing to do with what I searched for. [img] anyone know how to fix? Edit: If I set "name:" without the quotes before a search I get what I'm looking for. How do I set that as default behavior? 25062