Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

Discus and support Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leah01, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:32 PM.

1. Leah01 Win User

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

:)

2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

4. Kiran Kishore Win User

My stuff is not responding in the search bar after indexing

Hi Sertan,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

1) Have you made any changes to the computer except indexing prior to the issue?

2) Since when the My stuff button is not responding in the search bar?

3) Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

You can run the Search and indexing troubleshooter
    in Windows 10 and check if it helps. It will find and fix problems with the Windows search. Follow the below steps to run Search and indexing
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Search and indexing
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Search and indexing troubleshooter.
    The Error: 0x800f081f might occur if some of the files needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing. I suggest you to install the latest updates and check if it helps to resolve the error after you run DISM.

I hope the above information helps to fix the issue when you use settings. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:48 AM
Thema:

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update - Similar Threads - Search bar responding

1. Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable: Hello, I use Edge and I guess I just had a new update on my computer. I now have 2 internet search tabs showing up. The normal Edge "search or enter web address" is what I use and like. Now, I have a new "search the web : web search" bar below it and it covers about 1/2 of...
  2. Cortana search bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search bar color: Brink, our admin, has a wonderful tutorial on this subject : Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10 May I be so bold as to post an alternative which will change the search bar from White to default Grey. *** if this method has been posted here before,...
  3. Opening MS Office with search bar vs. start menu icon tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening MS Office with search bar vs. start menu icon tiles: I purchased an older version of MS Office 2010 that had MS Access online, downloaded and installed it. Everything is working perfectly. There is one issue that is driving me nuts though: If I go to the start menu and choose the MS Word 2010 app from there, it opens fine;...
  4. Search bar keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar keeps popping up: Good day I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise. 99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511 10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized desktops, all of the same spec Now when using some of the PC's, the user clicks on the Start button and the Search button...
  5. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...
  6. Search Bar turned white on Windows 10 version 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar turned white on Windows 10 version 1709: For some reason my search bar went white. I googled this & seems other having issue also & tried this but works & goes back to grey till u type in search bar then goes white again. Settings - Time & language - Region & language. Change your country to Gabon. Sign out....
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs: I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10! When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up! I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far! I...
Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update solved