Windows 10: Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

Discus and support Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After updating to version 22H2, the start menu search bar began to not work anymore. Clicking the search button on the taskbar, typing in the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Simone Mantelli, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

After updating to version 22H2, the start menu search bar began to not work anymore. Clicking the search button on the taskbar, typing in the start menu or win+s don't do anything; however, explorer search works fine.The only fix I found is restarting the pc, but shutting it down and turning it on again make the issue reappear.Turning on or off fast start-up doesn't work, and neither does restarting windows search service or SearchHost.exe.I also did an sfc /scannow just in case, but no issues were found.I also noticed a couple of things when the search bar doesn't work:- Windows takes ~10 sec

:)

Simone Mantelli, Oct 7, 2022

2. Windows 11 Update 22H2 Failure and Problems

Hi Paul. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 22H2 failure:

https://pureinfotech.com/avoid-problems-install...

https://windows101tricks.com/windows-11-upgrade...

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/wi...

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-22h2-i...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/22/window...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Oct 7, 2022
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

22H2 update of Windows 11

I dont want to use the ISO file again to update my Windows. I used ISO file of Windows 11 before when attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 even that my PC is meeting its requirements. I want to update on this 22H2 but I know it will not work and I need to do some steps. Please teach me.

blaise_grady, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

1. Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update - Similar Threads - Search bar working

2. Windows 11 Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Bar Not Working: Hi everyone, not sure if anyone is facing this problem but my laptop shut down unexpectedly and updated on its own. When my laptop restarted, the Windows search bar can't be used anymore, it just turns up blank. I've tried everything but it just seems like nothing is...
  3. Windows 11 Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Bar Not Working: Hi everyone, not sure if anyone is facing this problem but my laptop shut down unexpectedly and updated on its own. When my laptop restarted, the Windows search bar can't be used anymore, it just turns up blank. I've tried everything but it just seems like nothing is...
  4. Windows 11 search bar not working

Windows 11 search bar not working: In this latest win 11 update, We are facing some bugs, Search bar not responding, Kindly fix this issue earliest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-search-bar-not-working/7f458f1a-7a9a-422b-889b-f9ed04133d3b
  5. Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar: Since updating to the Windows 11 22h2 Nov release 22621.819 the startbar and search bar stopped working as soon as we imaged a device. December update fixed this issue for a little bit but the Jan, Feb and most recently March update 22621.1413 as seen this reoccur. We have...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar

Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar: Since updating to the Windows 11 22h2 Nov release 22621.819 the startbar and search bar stopped working as soon as we imaged a device. December update fixed this issue for a little bit but the Jan, Feb and most recently March update 22621.1413 as seen this reoccur. We have...
  7. Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not working after Windows 11 22H2 update: After updating to version 22H2, the start menu search bar began to not work anymore. Clicking the search button on the taskbar, typing in the start menu or win+s don't do anything; however, explorer search works fine.The only fix I found is restarting the pc, but shutting it...
  8. Windows 10/11 Windows search bar stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Windows search bar stopped working after update: In the last few months i faced several cases, where the users were not able to write into any search bars related to the text services framework interface. It took me more than 6 hours to find the problem and a proper permanent solution. The problem itself is caused by a...
  9. Windows 10/11 Windows search bar stopped working after update

Windows 10/11 Windows search bar stopped working after update: In the last few months i faced several cases, where the users were not able to write into any search bars related to the text services framework interface. It took me more than 6 hours to find the problem and a proper permanent solution. The problem itself is caused by a...
  10. Search bar not working after 10041 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar not working after 10041 update: Can't type anything in the "search the web and windows" bar at the bottom. Also used to be able to click on start and type the name of the application to run it Windows would find it - this is not working either. Nothing happens when you type. Anyone else having this...