Windows 10: Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional

Discus and support Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional in Cortana to solve the problem; Why does my P.C. want to do this? First, after restarting, it runs fine for a few hours, but then THIS stupid thing happens. Help, please.[ATTACH] It... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Daegel, May 19, 2020.

1. Daegel Win User

Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional

Why does my P.C. want to do this? First, after restarting, it runs fine for a few hours, but then THIS stupid thing happens. Help, please. Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional 2dfb4054-2660-4e5f-910d-cf686357d217?upload=true.png
    It turns gray, doesn't allow me to type, and starts lagging my P.C. horribly. HELP!!!

:)

Daegel, May 19, 2020

2. Search does not search my computer (C: )

Hello Christer,

We would like to know more information about your concern. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you're trying to search Local Disk (CSearch Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional :) on your computer?
    • Are you trying to search for it by typing (CSearch Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional :) on the Windows Search bar? If yes, we suggest that you try to search it by typing
      C: in the Windows Search bar and check if it will appear.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, May 19, 2020
  3. Start menu search bar is being slow

Hello Larissa,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you with your issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to
    run search and indexing troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Type Indexing Option in the search bar and select it.

2. Click on the Advanced tab and again click on
    Rebuild.

3. Check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 19, 2020
  4. Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional

1. Search Bar not working and causing P.C. to be ridiculously slow and misfunctional - Similar Threads - Search Bar working

2. SLOW Booting and Task bar and Windows search are not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW Booting and Task bar and Windows search are not Working: HI there, My system takes several minutes to load windows/boot up. After booting, my task bar isn't working. And i cannot also use the search field on window...
  3. S, P, C, B, and space bar keys all of a sudden not working .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S, P, C, B, and space bar keys all of a sudden not working .: One moment everything is fine on my keyboard, then the next moment After I think I hit the wrong key for a keyboard shortcut the S, P, B, and space bar keys do nothing when I press them, and the C button randomly now toggles "scroll lock on/off" when I press it. I tried...
  4. S, P, C, B, and space bar keys all of a sudden not working .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S, P, C, B, and space bar keys all of a sudden not working .: One moment everything is fine on my keyboard, then the next moment After I think I hit the wrong key for a keyboard shortcut the S, P, B, and space bar keys do nothing when I press them, and the C button randomly now toggles "scroll lock on/off" when I press it. I tried...
  5. S, P, C, B, and space bar keys all of a sudden not working .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Slow internet speed of windows 10 p c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet speed of windows 10 p c: Internet speed has become very slow on my win 10 p c. Can anybody pls tell me anything about it? How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-of-windows-10-p-c/2dcbe4a2-9dab-4b41-8ff7-813240a1f7ae
  7. Slow internet speed of windows 10 p c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet speed of windows 10 p c: Internet speed has become very slow on my win 10 p c. Can anybody pls tell me anything about it? How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-of-windows-10-p-c/2dcbe4a2-9dab-4b41-8ff7-813240a1f7ae
  8. Slow internet speed of windows 10 p c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. "C:" in the search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "C:" in the search bar: Hey guys! In past versions of windows, whenever I wanted to go to one of my many drives I would just hit windows key and then type C: or D: to open an explorer window in that drive But now with the search bar being what you type in as soon as you hit the windows key, typing...
  10. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...