Windows 10: SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY

Discus and support SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! My laptop was working fine until this evening when I tried to search som something from the windows search bar and it just kept loading. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by km554, May 6, 2021.

1. km554 Win User

SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY

Hi! My laptop was working fine until this evening when I tried to search som something from the windows search bar and it just kept loading. The settings doesn't work too. Can someone help me?

:)

km554, May 6, 2021

2. Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Hi Khieya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Since when you are facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes?

We would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below to run power troubleshooter and update drivers.

1. Open Troubleshoot by typing
      Troubleshoot
      in the search bar.
    2. Look for Power and once you click on
      Power.
    3. Click on Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Open Screen Saver settings by typing same in the search bar.
    5. Uncheck the box On resume, display logon screen.
    6. Update drivers for display adapters.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 6, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Settings search not working and start bar not clicking setting options

That error message in your first post is typical of a mismatch in language configuration as has been discussed on a good many occasions here. I've experienced it. And of course indexing was complete.

Have you changed your display language to UK English?

If so, you must also download the UK speech pack. Then there are region and timezone settings.

Usually Cortana tends to offer somewhat helpful messages relating to this.
    Try Windows key + S.

One way to completely reset language settings is to do an in-place upgrade repair install, and on one occasion when I couldn't untangle this, that's what I did. Of course I was then back to US English, but I could try again.

Check these:

SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY [​IMG]

SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY [​IMG]

The repairs you have tried won't fix this.

What is downright stupid is
    a. MS's totally misleading message
    b. That MS has not provided a robust wizard-based way of changing language to guide users thru the steps to lead to a consistent state.

Feedback Feedback Feedback...!

dalchina, May 6, 2021
  4. SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 6, 2021
Thema:

SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY

1. SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING AND SETTINGS HAVE NO DISPLAY - Similar Threads - SEARCH BAR WORKING

2. my settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my settings and search bar are not working: when I open settings at first it seems fine but its actually not when you're trying to click any setting, it just freezes and I can't normally close itI found nothing about thisthe search bar is just gray and after some time its just closes itselfI tried repairing apps via...
  3. my settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my settings and search bar are not working: when I open settings at first it seems fine but its actually not when you're trying to click any setting, it just freezes and I can't normally close itI found nothing about thisthe search bar is just gray and after some time its just closes itselfI tried repairing apps via...
  4. my settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  6. search bar and settings not working

search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  7. My settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings and search bar are not working: Whenever I open the settings app , it shows all the options but whenever I click on any of them the app just freezes up.And I can't use the search bar because anytime I type into , it doesn't show any results .Please help...
  8. My settings and search bar are not working

My settings and search bar are not working: Whenever I open the settings app , it shows all the options but whenever I click on any of them the app just freezes up.And I can't use the search bar because anytime I type into , it doesn't show any results .Please help...
  9. My settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Search bar settings

Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...