Windows 10: Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.

Discus and support Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My pc search bar isn't working and it's incredibly annoying. I've tried to factory reset my computer but it says there was a problem resetting your pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottPham, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ScottPham Win User

Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.

My pc search bar isn't working and it's incredibly annoying. I've tried to factory reset my computer but it says there was a problem resetting your pc. Some other issues I've been having are that when I try to open any images, it says File system error -2144927436. Also when I right click my desktop and try to open display settings or personalize, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. All of these issues just appeared one day, the day before my computer was functioning properly.

:)

ScottPham, Mar 21, 2020

2. Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working

I recently preformed a factory reset on my Surface Pro and now nothing on my computer works. The taskbar is displaying the settings icon but wont let me go into it, I’ve no internet explorer and it wont let me go into Microsoft Edge and it also wont let
    me access the search or my notifications. Need help ASAP.

ClodaghMurphy, Mar 21, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.

1. Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings. - Similar Threads - Search bar working

2. Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open settings, notifications, search bar and search in file manager after multiple resets.: Also words under wifi say DirectAccess logs from %1!s!\\%2!s! - %3!s! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-settings-notifications-search-bar-and/bc971102-513a-4b9f-bce0-ec2f6b927766
  3. Setting wont open i cant open my search bar or my windows tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting wont open i cant open my search bar or my windows tab: I just opend my computer one day and I try'd to type something in and it wouldn't open my search bar and windows tab this is what it said when I try'd to find a corrupt file. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection...
  4. The Search Bar wont open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Search Bar wont open: My search bar wont open and every time I click on the little icon the SearchApp open on the TaskManager for like 3 seconds and then closes. Help pls I've done the Troubleshoot and many other things and nothing. submitted by /u/xdRyu [link] [comments]...
  5. Factory reset wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset wont work: Every time i try to factory reset It says there was a problem nothing was changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-wont-work/8338f755-8dc5-4fd9-99b4-30f3122a5c2e
  6. Search bar wont work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar wont work: Whenever I try to search it just disappears. Been happening for the last 2 boots and I just recently installed a new PSU, which I don't think is related. I've tried restarting windows explorer to no avail. submitted by /u/Jackie245clash [link] [comments]...
  7. factory reset wont work

factory reset wont work: I'm trying to factory reset my windows 10 hp laptop but it says I need additional space even though I ran disk cleanup and deleted all of my programs/files/apps. please help....
  8. i cant open settings/search bar

i cant open settings/search bar: when i was watching a video on youtube i put it on fullscreen and my taskbar didnt go away, so i decided to go to task manager and fix it by going to windows explorer and restarting the task. i accidentally had clicked end task and the taskbar had went away completely. i then...
  9. Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working

Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working: I recently preformed a factory reset on my Surface Pro and now nothing on my computer works. The taskbar is displaying the settings icon but wont let me go into it, I’ve no internet explorer and it wont let me go into Microsoft Edge and it also wont let me access the search...
  10. Laptop wont reset to factory settings.

Laptop wont reset to factory settings.: I have a laptop that runs windows 10 and i try to reset it back to factory settings but when i do, it comes up with "There was a problem restarting your PC, no changes were saved." or something along those lines. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. I also do not...