Windows 10: search bar not working right

Discus and support search bar not working right in Cortana to solve the problem; today i noticed my search bar is not showing files and folder and if i do try and type for example when i try and typ default app s or create restore... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MaryMurphy4, Feb 13, 2023.

1. search bar not working right

today i noticed my search bar is not showing files and folder and if i do try and type for example when i try and typ default app s or create restore point or color management or what ever. If i type in default apps it doe not show up in the search box btu goes right edge and i do not like edge or bing search please i did nothing to it it was workig earlier but i think with the new edge update it messed it up

:)

MaryMurphy4, Feb 13, 2023

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 13, 2023
  3. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Feb 13, 2023
  4. Geethu B Win User

search bar not working right

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 13, 2023
Thema:

search bar not working right

1. search bar not working right - Similar Threads - search bar working

2. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  3. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  4. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. search bar not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not working right: today i noticed my search bar is not showing files and folder and if i do try and type for example when i try and typ default app s or create restore point or color management or what ever. If i type in default apps it doe not show up in the search box btu goes right edge and...
  6. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When i click on my search bar it doesnt even open and i keep on clicking it and it doesnt do anything, and when i open task manager i look and the search task crashes all the time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  7. Start Button, Search Bar, and Right Click no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Button, Search Bar, and Right Click no longer working: Hi Everyone! I just started using Windows 10 last week for the first time (Windows 7 for a decade at this point). I purchased one of those HP EliteDesk ultra small form factor PCs. Everything was working fine as I was starting to move files over from another PC as well as...
  8. Search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar is not working: My windows 10 search bar is not working, I cannot search anything i can type in it but I cannot view anything Cortana works as intended but otherwise no https://gyazo.com/2aca58ff56a9880cd344cbd31b8f0230 submitted by /u/Shit_Talking_Irelia [link] [comments]...
  9. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When I click on the search bar nothing happens it just shows me the loading icon , I tried troubleshooting it didn't work . This happened after I updated to an optional update that showed in the Check for updates tab....
  10. Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar not working: When i try to search with cortana it just shows a blue loading line. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/5445367b-e5c2-4648-ad98-1955202457b0"