Windows 10: Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd....

Discus and support Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Issue started when I accidentally hid my files on my drive C. After I unhid the folder, this issue occured. Also, when I download, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charles LouieGutierrez, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd....

Hello,

My Issue started when I accidentally hid my files on my drive C. After I unhid the folder, this issue occured. Also, when I download, it stops at 100% and won't move at all.

Thank you

:)

Charles LouieGutierrez, Mar 25, 2021
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Adalwar Win User

Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd....

This App can´t open

Hi,
    Sorry for my poor english.

Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in Administrator account. Try with another account".
    I get this message when I try to open any Windows App (Calender, Fotos, Camera, Edge, One Note), everything.

How to make App´s work with UAC disabled?

Adalwar, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd....

1. Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd.... - Similar Threads - Search bar working

2. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  3. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  4. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't open Windows Search, and settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Search, and settings.: I can't open my Windows Search and whenever I try to access settings with the run command I get the message "There’s a problem with ms-resource:DisplayName. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I've tried going back to a past update and, installing the newest updates, then...
  6. Can't open Windows Search, and settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Windows Search, and settings.: I can't open my Windows Search and whenever I try to access settings with the run command I get the message "There’s a problem with ms-resource:DisplayName. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I've tried going back to a past update and, installing the newest updates, then...
  7. Can't open settings, control panel or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings, control panel or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  8. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  9. Can't open search bar apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open search bar apps: When I search an app through search bar it doesn't open any apps and it doesn't even show the icons and it just shows a black box. The weird thing is that I can open google chrome easily submitted by /u/big4hed92 [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't click on anything in windows settings menu and can't type in windows search bar

Can't click on anything in windows settings menu and can't type in windows search bar: Whenever I'm in the windows settings menus I can't select any of the linked options. Every time I try to a white box appears over one of the items in the right column. For example, a white box appears over "Turning on high contrast" when I try to click on "Change the size...