Windows 10: Search bar not working - Windows update

Discus and support Search bar not working - Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shilpa Rao, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Search bar not working - Windows update

C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but that also didn't helped me with this issue.

:)

Shilpa Rao, Mar 11, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 11, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 11, 2022
  4. Search bar not working - Windows update

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

Search bar not working - Windows update

1. Search bar not working - Windows update - Similar Threads - Search bar working

2. Windows Search bar not working???

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar not working???: Hello. I have a BIG problem with the Windows search bar. it's not working with me at all and I try all the solution and it still don't work with me. and the details is when I press the search it says in the bottom right 2023.04.20.35805020.US.en-US and then it start loading...
  3. Windows Search bar not working???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar not working???: Hello. I have a BIG problem with the Windows search bar. it's not working with me at all and I try all the solution and it still don't work with me. and the details is when I press the search it says in the bottom right 2023.04.20.35805020.US.en-US and then it start loading...
  4. Windows Search Bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar is not working: Hello everyone. So I have this kind of problem where every time I tried to click search icon, the windows search bar will appears for seconds and it will terminated immediately itself. The weird thing is, I have two other users in this laptop and both of them do not have any...
  5. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Cortana
    Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  6. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  7. Windows Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Bar Not Working: Whenever I try to search on search bar, it crashes and doesn't launching the search bar after all, please help me submitted by /u/MohShameem12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9078p/windows_search_bar_not_working/
  8. Windows Search Bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Search Bar not working: Hellow, I am Ashraful Alam from Bangladesh. I have using Windows Update Version. But I have a problme: Windows Search Bar Here write "Type here to search" not typing & searching. Plz , Help me. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search Bar Not Working: Good afternoon team I just bought a Lenovo laptop installed in Windows 10, Version1903, fairly Used. I am having an issue with a "window search". Is not working. If you type on it and click it to search, it will be rolling without result. I shall be grateful if I could...
  10. Windows Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search Bar Not Working: I don't know what happened but my windows search bar in-between the home bottom and Cortana doesn't show any results or suggestions. Please help, I don't know what to do and I'm worried it might be due to a virus. [IMG]...