Windows 10: Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

Discus and support Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The below just started happening this morning. Anyone have any suggestions? I have googled and tried a number of things, but it still is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/archaegeo, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen 1kGjo8ziUd6S7xokhhUZlHQPWBM4erm7lZG_5uLNW_U.jpg

The below just started happening this morning. Anyone have any suggestions? I have googled and tried a number of things, but it still is just blank.

In task manager, Details, SearchUI.exe is running (though it changes to suspended).

File Explorer searches work fine.

This is problematic because thats where i click normally to run things like paint or calc, etc, silly stuff i dont want cluttering my desktop.

https://preview.redd.it/0ztzudfjh4f...bp&s=87226e87b3aa1974e6395f727b69be9e6ae47ed2

submitted by /u/archaegeo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/archaegeo, Feb 5, 2020

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Feb 5, 2020
  3. task bar icons blank

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked a different user account which I had setup when windows 10 was first updated but had never accessed since. It does not have blank task bar icons.

RussGarside, Feb 5, 2020
  4. CliffSore Win User

Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

search box missing in task bar

I have cortana (whatever that is) in my list of apps but how do I get it to the task bar to make this work?

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

CliffSore, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

1. Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen - Similar Threads - Search bar task

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. search tool on lower task bar comes up but will only search local not web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search tool on lower task bar comes up but will only search local not web: search tool will not search web https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tool-on-lower-task-bar-comes-up-but-will/fd5d5747-7936-4c61-9781-83f0caedd587
  5. search tool on lower task bar comes up but will only search local not web

search tool on lower task bar comes up but will only search local not web: search tool will not search web https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tool-on-lower-task-bar-comes-up-but-will/fd5d5747-7936-4c61-9781-83f0caedd587
  6. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  7. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  8. Task bar blank

9. Blank Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Windows Search Bar: Hello, since i logged on my computer yesterday my search bar has ben completely blank. I have the newest windows update, so that should not be the problem. Does anybody have a fix for this?...
  10. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search bar for windows comes up grey

2. when i do a search in task bar i just get a grey screen

3. search bar on my pc brings up a blank

4. my search bar on both my PC and my laptop comes up blank,
  5. windows 10 search bar comes up gray