Windows 10: Search bar on taskbar is missing

Discus and support Search bar on taskbar is missing in Cortana to solve the problem; So, after I logged onto my computer this morning, I noticed that my taskbar had changed. There is no longer the search bar on my taskbar, and I have... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by _Harry_Allen_, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Search bar on taskbar is missing

So, after I logged onto my computer this morning, I noticed that my taskbar had changed.

There is no longer the search bar on my taskbar, and I have no idea why. I have already right clicked on the taskbar and confirmed that the option to show the search box no longer exists. How can I make the search box re-appear?

Search bar on taskbar is missing 4637fac5-08f9-4a66-a477-ecb1973bee30?upload=true.png

:)

_Harry_Allen_, Jun 9, 2020
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Search bar on taskbar is missing

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Search bar on taskbar is missing

1. Search bar on taskbar is missing - Similar Threads - Search bar taskbar

2. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge search bar is missing from taskbar: Every update and restart bring new problems on this Windows 10 computer. After the usual Tuesday update a moment ago computer restarted but Bing address bar is missing from taskbar. How to fix?...
  3. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge search bar is missing from taskbar: Every update and restart bring new problems on this Windows 10 computer. After the usual Tuesday update a moment ago computer restarted but Bing address bar is missing from taskbar. How to fix?...
  4. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar on small taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on small taskbar: [ATTACH] Is this new? I don't remember Windows 10 supports showing the search box if small taskbar icons is enabled. https://preview.redd.it/st95bo4ulu4a1.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=8ec4815f928e201b60ae0cc036b55274bbf916c2 OS Build: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC...
  6. search bar is missing on windows.

in Cortana
    search bar is missing on windows.: i have it on show search box. why it gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-is-missing-on-windows/95c8c034-ecce-4d34-b1d2-6ed5378da12d
  7. Taskbar Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search Bar Not Working: I think after I downloaded Windows 10 2004, my search bar stopped working. Firstly, it's not the full-size search bar anymore. It's just the search icon. I want it to be the full-size search bar, but when I right-click and view the options, there is no option to make it...
  8. Search bar and missing file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar and missing file: My search bar has gone walkies and not come back also I had a file and now I can't find it anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-and-missing-file/77393ae1-a9cc-4b3a-911b-222deee84385"
  9. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...
  10. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...