Windows 10: Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

Discus and support Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarkFlame_700, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up regedit and deleting the search file in registry, deleting the windows search history, running the troubleshooter, scan for viruses, and a couple other things. I do not want to reset my PC as I have reset my PC numerous times over the past couple of months as I continuously have problems. Choosing to keep my files when reset

:)

DarkFlame_700, Mar 25, 2023

2. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 25, 2023
  4. duckvenom Win User

Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

1. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,... - Similar Threads - Search bar opens

2. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  3. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar closes itself after clicking: When I click on the search bar it opens up into a white box and then closes itself like 2 seconds later. I've done a troubleshoot a few times and it says search bar not working but doesn't end up fixing it. If anyone knows a fix that would be great...
  4. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar closes itself after clicking: When I click on the search bar it opens up into a white box and then closes itself like 2 seconds later. I've done a troubleshoot a few times and it says search bar not working but doesn't end up fixing it. If anyone knows a fix that would be great...
  5. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Cortana
  6. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  7. Search bar not opening

in Cortana
    Search bar not opening: I'm on the most recent version of windows 10 and whenever I use a shortcut that requires the windows key or I click on the search bar it automatically closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-opening/691960a6-7d27-430d-9734-04a8ac06414f
  8. Search Bar keeps closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar keeps closing: I have been having a problem with the search bar as it keeps on closing before I can type anything in. I have tried restarting the search tool through task manager, etc, as well as indexing my files again. However, the problem persists. I have finished all updates on my...
  9. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.: When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-closing-when-i-try-to-write-something/c88740fc-749c-4c96-820d-cc024a78386d
  10. Search Bar Prematurely Closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar Prematurely Closing: Hi all, Got a strange problem whereby my search bar will open and then close itself after a second or two. Attached is a video to demonstrate the problem. I haven't added any new software, programs or manual updates to anything to cause this; the only thing I have done...