Windows 10: Search bar picture

Discus and support Search bar picture in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, today when I opened my windows surface laptop 4 I think it updated overnight, and I noticed that there is an image on the search bar. Does... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hank_666, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Hank_666 Win User

Search bar picture

Hello, today when I opened my windows surface laptop 4 I think it updated overnight, and I noticed that there is an image on the search bar. Does anyone know how to remove it? It is really distracting and unnecessary.

:)

Hank_666, Apr 21, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Search bar picture

Logon Screen Account Picture - Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Hi Orion,

Just to clarify, Are you able to view picture in Settings >Accounts?

If you are unable to view account picture

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Accounts and Under Your picture.
    • Click on Browse and set profile picture.
    And check if the issue persist.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Search bar picture

1. Search bar picture - Similar Threads - Search bar picture

2. My Search bar highlights stuck on the same picture.

in Cortana
    My Search bar highlights stuck on the same picture.: I cant change the searchbar highlights picture it its just stuck. I tried updating windows, rebooting, sfc /scannow commands and more. It's just does not change. And when i click the drawing or photo it does not show the real picture....
  3. My Search bar highlights stuck on the same picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Search bar highlights stuck on the same picture.: I cant change the searchbar highlights picture it its just stuck. I tried updating windows, rebooting, sfc /scannow commands and more. It's just does not change. And when i click the drawing or photo it does not show the real picture....
  4. My Search bar highlights stuck on the same picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar picture: Hello, today when I opened my windows surface laptop 4 I think it updated overnight, and I noticed that there is an image on the search bar. Does anyone know how to remove it? It is really distracting and unnecessary....
  6. Search bar picture

Search bar picture: Hello, today when I opened my windows surface laptop 4 I think it updated overnight, and I noticed that there is an image on the search bar. Does anyone know how to remove it? It is really distracting and unnecessary....
  7. Search bar

Search bar: When I go into settings, file search or even the search bar in the bottom left.My computer constantly clicks the search bar.It doesn't do this on google chrome or any other non windows software.I have tried replacing my mouse and this did not work.Why is it doing this? It...
  8. Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  9. search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar: Can I remove the search bar? I find it irritating and I don't use Chrome. 157359
  10. Unable to type inside the search bar while saving a picture

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to type inside the search bar while saving a picture: Greetings. I recently installed w10 and i'm unable to type in the search bar field while saving a picture to quickly find the folder i want to save it in. I've tried several google searches before and there doesn't seem to be an answer to this specific problem. Help is very...