Windows 10: Search bar size change

Discus and support Search bar size change in Cortana to solve the problem; Just updated to 1903 version of windows from a 1709 or 1703 ( i don't remember which). And I am not really a fan of the size change of the search bar.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by imaxium, Jun 14, 2019.

1. imaxium Win User

Search bar size change

Just updated to 1903 version of windows from a 1709 or 1703 ( i don't remember which). And I am not really a fan of the size change of the search bar. Is there any way to reduce its size?

Previous build size (which i liked):

Search bar size change 1450104.png

Current build size (not a fan):

Search bar size change 1450106.png

:)

imaxium, Jun 14, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 14, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Search bar size change

Change windows search box size in Windows 10 tool bar.

Hi salim, welcome to tenforums.com! Search bar size change :)

Right click your taskbar and hover on Search/Cortana and choose one of the three options:

Search bar size change [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Search bar size change

1. Search bar size change - Similar Threads - Search bar size

2. adjust the size of the list of recent activities on search bar

in Cortana
    adjust the size of the list of recent activities on search bar: Hi all,I almost certain that I saw a post about this problem before but I can no longer find it. Up to a point, after some update, my search bar looks like the following pic:In particular, in recent activities, there is stuff with text on the right, which I am almost certain...
  3. Changing Font Size of Edge Favorites Bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Font Size of Edge Favorites Bar.: I have been wrestling with this problem for a while on my way to Edge. The example below show Edge, Firefox and a part of the desktop. Please note then size of the fonts in the appropriate browser. The font there in Edge's Favorites bar is too small for me to read...
  4. How to change size of Game Bar videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change size of Game Bar videos?: Ive been recording videos with the xbox game bar and it make huge files, but i cant find a way to change the settings... my friends also use it and they get aroung 1 gb for 90 min video i get aroung 6 gb !!! submitted by /u/cousincrunchy [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows search tool bar - change search service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search tool bar - change search service: How can I change which service my windows search uses? My default browser is set to Chrome and my default search is set to Duck Duck Go, but when I use the search toolbar it brings up Edge and Bing. Please help, it's driving me crazy....
  6. Title Bar: Font & Font Size Change

Title Bar: Font & Font Size Change: I am attempting to find out how to change the Font and the Font Size of Title Bars after the Windows 10 update in November 2018. I need it to be at least a Century Gothic Size 16 Bold would be the best option for me. The update stopped me from being able to change it. If...
  7. Task bar change size after restart.

Task bar change size after restart.: Hi Community, I'm using windows 10 on MSI laptop. It's been a while since I've got issue with task bar changing size to regular after each restart of the computer. I normally keep it on two lines height and autohide. How to fix this issue as all articles i went through...
  8. Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

Changing the size of the Scroll Bar: Does anyone know how to change the default size of the horizontal scroll bar in Windows 10? 10783
  9. Change windows search box size in Windows 10 tool bar.

in Windows 10 Support
    Change windows search box size in Windows 10 tool bar.: The "Search the web and windows" is take up a lot of space on my tool bar. See image in attachment to see the box am talking about. I believe there is a way to minimize its size; but I don't know how. Please suggest possible solution towards the situation. Thanks. 27518
  10. Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 In Windows 10, it is possible for you to change the scroll bar width to be thinner or thicker, and change the scroll bar button size to be smaller or larger. This...