Windows 10: Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...

Discus and support Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,I recently tried to change permissions of all my folders to me so I could delete some useless apps like candy crush. I think I accidentally deleted... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EnglishM, Dec 31, 2022.

1. EnglishM Win User

Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...

Hi,I recently tried to change permissions of all my folders to me so I could delete some useless apps like candy crush. I think I accidentally deleted some stuff in Windowsapps that was important to the search bar functionality. I don't remember deleting anything in Systemapps but it seems that certain services SearchUI, Searchapp are not running. I have been working on this for about 3 days and I have tried many various fixes including:running sfc /scannowrunning all the DISM health commands.running scripts/commands that supposedly check for every package in Systemapps/Windowsapps and repai

:)

EnglishM, Dec 31, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 31, 2022
  3. Cortana/search bar not opening

After using 10 successfully for a couple of days since launch, Cortana and the search bar refuse to function. I can get to the search features by clicking on the Windows icon and then the search bar but Cortana does not open. If I click
    directly on the search bar without having pressed the Windows button, nothing happens. I can see the Cortana program in the task manager but cannot switch to it. Basically, no matter how I try to open Cortana, nothing happens. Should
    add that I can no longer search settings as well. It appears the whole SearchUI program is no longer working. This is troublesome because I liked the functionality of being able to simply click on the search bar and begin typing. Is there any known
    way I can fix/troubleshoot this?

TeeThreeN7, Dec 31, 2022
  4. Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 31, 2022
Thema:

Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...

1. Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing... - Similar Threads - Search bar start

2. Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...: Hi,I recently tried to change permissions of all my folders to me so I could delete some useless apps like candy crush. I think I accidentally deleted some stuff in Windowsapps that was important to the search bar functionality. I don't remember deleting anything in...
  3. Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, start button, cortana, and some other basic windows features are not doing...: Hi,I recently tried to change permissions of all my folders to me so I could delete some useless apps like candy crush. I think I accidentally deleted some stuff in Windowsapps that was important to the search bar functionality. I don't remember deleting anything in...
  4. My windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching...

in Cortana
    My windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching...: Help, i recently switched over from windows 7 to windows 10, my laptop is a toshiba laptop, and my windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching in downloads isnt working. please help....
  5. start button and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start button and search bar not working: dear sir respectfully i beg to say that after purchase of laptop i face many problem in window 10 i install program and after installation window not working properly. program running after installing and after restart program not work. 8 days working i want to solution...
  6. Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working: For a few days, I have been unable to use the start button, Cortana, and search bar. Also, windows applications like groove music, photos, videos, etc, are not working. I tried different tricks but none of them seem to work. I tried SFC scan, dism, and some more things from...
  7. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  8. Search by Windows Start Button vs Cortana

in Cortana
    Search by Windows Start Button vs Cortana: Hi, what is the difference in doing search by Cortana and by simply clicking the Start Button (the windows logo)? I tried a few things and it seemed that exact results were shown....
  9. Microsoft Store, Cortana, Search Bar, Start Button DO NOT WORK

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Cortana, Search Bar, Start Button DO NOT WORK: For whatever reason the microsoft store has been deleted from my PC and I am unable to reinstall it. The search bar, start button, and cortana do not work either. The main issue is getting the microsoft store back but every last solution has failed. This is a problem...
  10. Cortana starts some programs, not others?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana starts some programs, not others?: Not a huge issue, but I was wondering if there was a way to get Cortana to be more consistent at starting programs? At present she will start some with no problem, but others will either display a Web search page or do nothing? As an example, I use "Cool Reader" to read...