Windows 10: Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.

Discus and support Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,Various Windows functions no longer work on several Windows computers:- Windows Search; it is no longer possible to open the start menu and enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shivam Chaurasiya, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.

Hello,Various Windows functions no longer work on several Windows computers:- Windows Search; it is no longer possible to open the start menu and enter a word- Windows Updates; When I open the Windows Updates view in Computer Settings, only the three dots appear. It does not stop loading anymore.- It is no longer possible to open the mail settings in Control Panel; Outlook does not work too- Firefox does not work; can't open a web page- Edge can open web pages but can't download files correctly.It only get bach to normal If I restart it but again it misbehaves like that. And this behaviour is

:)

Shivam Chaurasiya, Sep 19, 2021

2. Cortana, Task Bar and Start Menu not working.

Original Title:

My Windows 10 Task Bar and Start Menu are not working.

Hello,

Since the beginning of the month, my task bar and start menu are not functioning correctly. I am unable to right click on programs on the task bar. I am unable left click on the volume control, notifcations, internet, or calendar/time. Left clicking on the
    start menu and cortona does nothing either.

I have searched online for a few fixes, but nothing seems to work.

Would appreciate any help.

Zarek Shaikh

ZarekShaikh, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Start Menu and Task Bar not working

Hi,

I've had an issue for several weeks where my Start Menu and Task Bar don't respond (or respond very intermittently) to both left and right mouse clicks. I've searched the net and this community forum, and it appears that this problem has been pretty prevalent
    for at least a couple of years.

I've tried the most commonly proposed solutions, e.g.

• The PowerShell as administrator solution, using "

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}". This just hangs indefinitely, with the progress bar never moving. I've left this for
      over an hour, and seen no movement at all in the bar.

• I've tried the sfc /scannow solution multiple times. The first few times, it just reported that it couldn't find any issues. Recently, it now just says: "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

The only way I've actually been able to temporarily resolve the problem, is by shutting down the PC and then pulling the power cord on the PC. This restores all functionality for the next session, but then the next time I restart or shutdown and then restart
    my PC, the Start Menu and Task Bar is broken again.

I've been struggling with this issue for nearly a month now, and it's starting to become incredibly frustrating. This is especially true when it appears that the issue has been ongoing for years, and none of the suggested solutions appear to work. Any help
    that anyone can provide would be enormously appreciated, as I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated by this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Pizzicato

Pizzicato72, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.

1. Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed. - Similar Threads - Search bar task

2. windows search bar task bar and menu wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows search bar task bar and menu wont work: I need help the taskbar search bar and menu wont work so i basically cant do anything even the windows key + r dont work already tried restarting windows explorer and ending its task on task manager but it just didnt worki can open the apps but i cant interact with my...
  3. windows search bar task bar and menu wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search bar task bar and menu wont work: I need help the taskbar search bar and menu wont work so i basically cant do anything even the windows key + r dont work already tried restarting windows explorer and ending its task on task manager but it just didnt worki can open the apps but i cant interact with my...
  4. windows search bar task bar and menu wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. start button and search bar working on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  6. start button and search bar working on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  7. start menu search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  8. Start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  9. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  10. Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar: Hello, I have just upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 build 10240 The sart menu button does not activate anything, search doesn't either, Notification bubble does not open anything either. Safe mode produces same behaviour, I have uninstalled AVG Anti virus as...