Windows 10: Search Bar Terminology

Discus and support Search Bar Terminology in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to change or rename for the sake of clarity.When you refine a search you search by Type: Calendar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dang Quoc Anh, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Search Bar Terminology

Hi,I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to change or rename for the sake of clarity.When you refine a search you search by Type: Calendar, Music, Note, Picture etc. However, when it is in search bar it is written as "kind:music" rather than "type:music", I just wanted to ask why?Also please would you make search options easily accessible than to start a redundant search?Thank you

:)

Dang Quoc Anh, Jul 18, 2021
  2. Menemsha Win User

Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Running Windows 10.
    Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search bar at top and the middle with my favourites listed across the top and in the middle.
    In other words two steps instead of one.

I can't figure out how to get to what I had originally with all my favourites listed at first click.

Can someone help me please.
    Thanks

Menemsha, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 18, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

Search Bar Terminology

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar Terminology

1. Search Bar Terminology - Similar Threads - Search Bar Terminology

2. Problem with tech terminology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with tech terminology: The problem is that I am just another John Q. Public, and have NO degrees, in computer programming.Yet Microsoft, and other companies, keep sending me messages, which only degreedprogrammers can understand.How do I instruct Microsoft to stop sending me degreed messages, and...
  3. Problem with tech terminology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with tech terminology: The problem is that I am just another John Q. Public, and have NO degrees, in computer programming.Yet Microsoft, and other companies, keep sending me messages, which only degreedprogrammers can understand.How do I instruct Microsoft to stop sending me degreed messages, and...
  4. Problem with tech terminology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar: When I go into settings, file search or even the search bar in the bottom left.My computer constantly clicks the search bar.It doesn't do this on google chrome or any other non windows software.I have tried replacing my mouse and this did not work.Why is it doing this? It...
  6. MS Terminology web page disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Terminology web page disappears: ANAndreasWietzke MS Terminology web page disappears Hallo,so far there was link to search MS terms translationshttps://www.microsoft.com/de-de/languageYou could search for translations in all languages for each MS product. This was very helpfull for professional...
  7. Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  8. search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar: Can I remove the search bar? I find it irritating and I don't use Chrome. 157359
  9. Windows Security Worm terminology

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Worm terminology: I installed an old thumb drive and got a worm notification. One was "quarantined" and I deleted it. The other Worm:VBS/Slogod.E said "failed" I don't know if that means the worm failed to activate, or windows security failed to contain the threat. A scan of my device by...
  10. Terminology Issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminology Issue?: Are programs in windows 10 home on my desktop computer suppose to be referred to as apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminology-issue/129dc333-e101-49f2-aa00-4e6070e93794