Windows 10: search bar windows closing and freezing

Discus and support search bar windows closing and freezing in Cortana to solve the problem; I am having this error when i run this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MatheusBussolo, Apr 25, 2021.

1. search bar windows closing and freezing

I am having this error when i run this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} in powershell, I am trying to use this command to fix my search bar error but it keeps showing me this errors when I try to use the powershell and i am trying to fix this search bar error for 2 days i dont know what to do more.Windows PowerShellCopyright C Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. &nbs

:)

MatheusBussolo, Apr 25, 2021
  2. mhp10 Win User

search progress bar freezes

When I search in W10 File Explorer, the progress bar moves quickly at first, then slows down, and then freezes before the search is complete.

I do not use Cortana for my searches.

Any suggestions to solve this, please?

Thank you.

mhp10, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 25, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

search bar windows closing and freezing

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

search bar windows closing and freezing

1. search bar windows closing and freezing - Similar Threads - search bar closing

2. Windows Search Bar flashing and closing itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar flashing and closing itself: I am having this problem for past 6 months. Whenever I try to search something not the search bar, I flashese for a second and shut itself. I have tried restartiong its services in the service tab but the problem is same. Sarching for items in Windows is an important feature...
  3. Windows Search Bar flashing and closing itself

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar flashing and closing itself: I am having this problem for past 6 months. Whenever I try to search something not the search bar, I flashese for a second and shut itself. I have tried restartiong its services in the service tab but the problem is same. Sarching for items in Windows is an important feature...
  4. Windows Search Bar flashing and closing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help my search bar isn't working, It just freezes and closes by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my search bar isn't working, It just freezes and closes by itself: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-search-bar-isnt-working-it-just-freezes/d95f7654-a7de-4514-8ff8-7fffd6f5f4a7
  6. Help my search bar isn't working, It just freezes and closes by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help my search bar isn't working, It just freezes and closes by itself: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-search-bar-isnt-working-it-just-freezes/d95f7654-a7de-4514-8ff8-7fffd6f5f4a7
  7. Help my search bar isn't working, It just freezes and closes by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search Bar keeps closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar keeps closing: I have been having a problem with the search bar as it keeps on closing before I can type anything in. I have tried restarting the search tool through task manager, etc, as well as indexing my files again. However, the problem persists. I have finished all updates on my...
  9. Start search bar automatically closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start search bar automatically closing: When i open my start search bar and type "a or d or f or L" character, it automatically closes down and i can't write words containing these letters. When this happens, I am also not able to drag the shortcut icons from one place to another on my desktop. I tried the...
  10. Search Bar Prematurely Closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar Prematurely Closing: Hi all, Got a strange problem whereby my search bar will open and then close itself after a second or two. Attached is a video to demonstrate the problem. I haven't added any new software, programs or manual updates to anything to cause this; the only thing I have done...