Windows 10: Search bar within the Calendar application is missing.

Discus and support Search bar within the Calendar application is missing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello People, I would like to know if it's just me or the search within the application, Calendar, has been removed? I used that feature quite often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Patricio JS, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Search bar within the Calendar application is missing.

Hello People,

I would like to know if it's just me or the search within the application, Calendar, has been removed? I used that feature quite often and noticed it has been removed some months ago. The actual version 16005.12527.20152.0 doesn't have any type of search functionality. I checked the troubleshooter, the status of the windows index and everything is up and running. I noticed in the screencaptures of people showing the new icons of the windows application that they don't have the search bar either.

If this feature has been removed, how can we search now? The search bar in the taskbar of windows doesn't search for results within my calendar either checked that the search app has access to my calendar.

Back in April 2019, @Athima was showing us the searching functionality at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ows-10-tip-searching-within-the-calendar-app/ , however I couldn't find any article mentioning the removal of this feature.

Actual screenshot of the application as of today:

Search bar within the Calendar application is missing. 9ed0b1e4-b096-4d93-b19b-83f6fd7b3503?upload=true.png

Any information on this regards is appreciated, thanks!

:)

Patricio JS, Feb 25, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to delete the entries in a calendar app.

• Type calendar in the search bar and press enter

• Right click on an entry or Event and click on more details.

• On the top you can find the delete option.

• Click on delete to delete a particular enter or event.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Feb 25, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Search bar within the Calendar application is missing.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Search bar within the Calendar application is missing.

1. Search bar within the Calendar application is missing. - Similar Threads - Search bar within

2. No Search bar in windows calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Search bar in windows calendar: Hi,I cannot see the search bar in the windows calendar app. I tried repairing and resetting. No use.App version: 16005.14326.20970.0I have seen other posts but no one seems to have solved itThanks and Regards...
  3. No Search bar in windows calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Search bar in windows calendar: Hi,I cannot see the search bar in the windows calendar app. I tried repairing and resetting. No use.App version: 16005.14326.20970.0I have seen other posts but no one seems to have solved itThanks and Regards...
  4. Adding an application to the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an application to the search bar: How do I do that? I had python 3.7 and 3.10 on my pc. When I searched "Python", "Python 3.7" showed up and nothing else. So I specifically added the python 3.10 folder to indexing. Still nothing. Tried typing in exactly "Python 3.10" Nothing. I uninstalled python 3.7....
  5. Adding an application to the search bar

Adding an application to the search bar: How do I do that? I had python 3.7 and 3.10 on my pc. When I searched "Python", "Python 3.7" showed up and nothing else. So I specifically added the python 3.10 folder to indexing. Still nothing. Tried typing in exactly "Python 3.10" Nothing. I uninstalled python 3.7....
  6. Adding an application to the search bar

in Cortana
  7. search bar is missing on windows.

in Cortana
    search bar is missing on windows.: i have it on show search box. why it gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-is-missing-on-windows/95c8c034-ecce-4d34-b1d2-6ed5378da12d
  8. Search bar and missing file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar and missing file: My search bar has gone walkies and not come back also I had a file and now I can't find it anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-and-missing-file/77393ae1-a9cc-4b3a-911b-222deee84385"
  9. Search bar is missing in Calendar App, Windows 10

Search bar is missing in Calendar App, Windows 10: Hello! Do we have any options to enable the search bar in Windows 10 Calendar app? I tried looking for it in app settings but to no avail I haven't found it. My other account has the search bar and the other doesn't. Attached is a screenshot for comparison. Any inputs will be...
  10. Key Word Search Bar - within Calendar feature of Windows Mail App.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Word Search Bar - within Calendar feature of Windows Mail App.: Hello - how do you enable the 'Key Word Search' in the Calendar feature of Windows Mail App please. It is usually at the Top of Calendar - just next to Month/Year detail....