Windows 10: Search Bar

Discus and support Search Bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Forgive me for I have done a very dumb thing. I can’t remember why but I deleted the files(?) that make the search bar function. It’s still there but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/That_Redneck_Kid, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Search Bar

Forgive me for I have done a very dumb thing. I can’t remember why but I deleted the files(?) that make the search bar function. It’s still there but when I click nothing happens. Same goes for when I’m in file explorer. What do I need to do to get this back short of a full re install. I can recover files that have been deleted but I’m not sure what they’d look like (or title would be) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/That_Redneck_Kid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/That_Redneck_Kid, Jan 24, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 24, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Search Bar

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar

1. Search Bar - Similar Threads - Search Bar

2. Search Bar / Start does not respond to keyboard, Windows 10 Pro, 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar / Start does not respond to keyboard, Windows 10 Pro, 20H2: I see a lot of posts with the same issue. I've tried a handful of suggestions but the problem still exists. Can I assume this will be addressed in a future Update? My keyboard works just fine every where else, it's just the Search Bar along with the Windows icon in the...
  3. Windows search bar not responding

Windows search bar not responding: My device was recently modified, and now the search bar isn't working. The search box does not allow any input. I attempted several restarts with no success. Despite the fact that the quest works fine in safe mode. In normal mode, however, it does not react at all. Is...
  4. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  5. Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar: I used to be able to search the web with the search bar in the taskbar, but now it won't let me. If I try to, it will say no results. How do I fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar/e5306fd1-7e97-47bb-b043-f31ffa973f92
  6. Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...

in Cortana
    Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...: I cannot type on the search bar near start button, and on the file search bar in folders. Also, I cannot type on microsoft store search bar. Furthermore, I cannot use kp_enter and backspace on calculator. I can only write 5*7 but cannot use kp_enter to get 35. Similarly, I...
  7. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu: I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few days ago. I have tried every fix I could find, and spent hours trying to fix it with no results....
  8. Windows 10 calandar app not displaying a search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 calandar app not displaying a search bar: Can anyone help with the above? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calandar-app-not-displaying-a-search/65ca2733-4ea9-4cd6-90fa-89a75a318af2
  9. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.: When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-closing-when-i-try-to-write-something/c88740fc-749c-4c96-820d-cc024a78386d
  10. Windows search bar forgets indexing after restarting after rebuilding index

in Cortana
    Windows search bar forgets indexing after restarting after rebuilding index: Whenever I rebuild my indexer, windows search works well. But it doesn't search anything in some specific locations I'm not sure here if it does even search at all whenever I restart my PC. Then again if I rebuild the indexer, it again starts searching, but then again...