Windows 10: Search bar

Discus and support Search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Why have I suddenly got a rather pretty drawing on the left of my search box?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Gailybird45, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Search bar

Why have I suddenly got a rather pretty drawing on the left of my search box?

:)

Gailybird45, Apr 26, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 26, 2022
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Search bar

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Search bar

1. Search bar - Similar Threads - Search bar

2. Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues: I am having issues with my Windows 11 Search function. I notice when I open my search bar I start to type it freeze then drops. Suggestions would be appreciated. Everything is up to date. Followed these suggestion to no avail...
  3. Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues: I am having issues with my Windows 11 Search function. I notice when I open my search bar I start to type it freeze then drops. Suggestions would be appreciated. Everything is up to date. Followed these suggestion to no avail...
  4. Task Manager search bar error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager search bar error: Hello, I have an error related to Task Manager. Specifically, when I click on the Task manager search bar, the Task manager window will switch to window mode. Clicking it again will switch to full screen mode....
  5. Task Manager search bar error

Task Manager search bar error: Hello, I have an error related to Task Manager. Specifically, when I click on the Task manager search bar, the Task manager window will switch to window mode. Clicking it again will switch to full screen mode....
  6. Start Menu / Search Bar / Microsoft Store / Notepad are not working!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu / Search Bar / Microsoft Store / Notepad are not working!!!!: List of Not working software :Microsoft StoreNotepadPhotosOneNote for windows 10List of some softwares being removed without my acknowledgement :Square Line studioArduino IDENvidia Geforce experienceIssue : A list of softwares are not working on my windows 11 PCStart...
  7. Start Menu / Search Bar / Microsoft Store / Notepad are not working!!!!

Start Menu / Search Bar / Microsoft Store / Notepad are not working!!!!: List of Not working software :Microsoft StoreNotepadPhotosOneNote for windows 10List of some softwares being removed without my acknowledgement :Square Line studioArduino IDENvidia Geforce experienceIssue : A list of softwares are not working on my windows 11 PCStart...
  8. Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...: When I click on either the start menu or search bar, a context menu shows up with "Select All" on it. It does not go away upon clicking on other things or typing. However, if I right click, it changes the location of the context menu. If I left click again, it returns to its...
  9. Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...

Whenever I left-click on the taskbar search bar or the start menu, a context menu shows up...: When I click on either the start menu or search bar, a context menu shows up with "Select All" on it. It does not go away upon clicking on other things or typing. However, if I right click, it changes the location of the context menu. If I left click again, it returns to its...
  10. Search bar nearly never loads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar nearly never loads: Hello all.This issue started occuring out of nowhere, i dont know what could have caused it.When searching, it either just keeps loading, or takes 20 seconds but works fine until its closed.Ive tried everything i found online, from restarting to rebuilding the index, nothing...