Windows 10: Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...

Discus and support Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ... in Cortana to solve the problem; I cannot type on the search bar near start button, and on the file search bar in folders. Also, I cannot type on microsoft store search bar.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Erdem Ceylan, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...

I cannot type on the search bar near start button, and on the file search bar in folders.

Also, I cannot type on microsoft store search bar.

Furthermore, I cannot use kp_enter and backspace on calculator. I can only write 5*7 but cannot use kp_enter to get 35. Similarly, I can type 57 but cannot erase 7 to get 5.

All of the programs above have green leaf near them in task manager.

How can I solve these?

:)

Erdem Ceylan, Feb 28, 2021
  2. beverlyc Win User

Task manager shows green leaf UWP is suspending processes to improve performance

task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???

***Modified title from: task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???***

beverlyc, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Task manager shows green leaf UWP is suspending processes to improve performance

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To open Task Manager directly, you can use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    When you press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key, you will see Task Manager as an option.

The Green leaf shown beside any process is normal. The green leaf lets you know that the process is ready to use but is in suspended state. This allows the computer to consume less RAM without affecting the performance of the processes. In other words,
    Windows puts the applications in Ready state or blocks them from being executed by the processor.

For more information on UWP app, you can refer the article
    What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app?

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...

Taskmgr: process with the "green leaf icon"?

The green leaf icon in Task Manager indicates that a process is suspended. Suspending a process saves energy, and Microsoft chose to represent this with a green leaf. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Riley Lynn Nairn, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...

1. Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ... - Similar Threads - Search Bars Green

2. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  3. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  4. League of Legends keeps getting suspended by "UWP" green leaf logo on task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    League of Legends keeps getting suspended by "UWP" green leaf logo on task manager?: My League of Legends randomly gets suspended while playing the game. I have no issues with any other games. I've tried almost everything to fix it, reset windows, checked for RAM errors, or any PC problems, got new RAM sticks, turned off background apps, nothing helps it. Any...
  5. League of Legends keeps getting suspended by "UWP" green leaf logo on task manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    League of Legends keeps getting suspended by "UWP" green leaf logo on task manager?: My League of Legends randomly gets suspended while playing the game. I have no issues with any other games. I've tried almost everything to fix it, reset windows, checked for RAM errors, or any PC problems, got new RAM sticks, turned off background apps, nothing helps it. Any...
  6. League of Legends keeps getting suspended by "UWP" green leaf logo on task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. UWP suspending processes

UWP suspending processes: Task Manager : Green Leaf Icon : "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance".This is the current problem. I require some tools to run for longer times or easiest of all a windows search over say 10,000+ files. After a few minutes UWP...
  8. Green Leaf suspend process and Photos

Green Leaf suspend process and Photos: Windows 10 I have several pictures open in photos, and according to the Task Manager, it is using 663 MB of RAM. This seems about right as they are rather large. In Task Manager, every few seconds, the green leaf comes up for Photos, and the RAM drops down to almost...
  9. Cortana - Suspended green leaf icon in Task Manager - Search function Does Not Work

in Cortana
    Cortana - Suspended green leaf icon in Task Manager - Search function Does Not Work: For some reason when I booted up my computer this morning, the Search function on the taskbar does not work. I can click on the magnifying glass but nothing pops up in the window and when I type something in, nothing pops up. So I went to the Task Manager and discovered...
  10. Cortana - Suspended (green leaf icon) in Task Manager

in Cortana
    Cortana - Suspended (green leaf icon) in Task Manager: Hi, I have been facing this problem of Cortana not working for more than a fortnight now, and despite my interactions with your execs, i have practically reached nowhere. And now there is Green Leaf Icon against Cortana in the Task Manager. Please advice. I am not able to...