Windows 10: Search bars edge

Discus and support Search bars edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dafydd, May 15, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Search bars edge

Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused
    When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar.
    I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine.
    Any help here Please.
    Many Thanks..

PS Should have said that the lower bar in in my feeds home page.

:)

dafydd, May 15, 2017

2. Bing Search BAR

How do I remove unwanted and obtrusive Bing search bar in Microsoft Edge. I have no idea where it came from or how to remove it. It appears under the regular EDGE search bar - leaving me with TWO search bars.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

nicklucente, May 15, 2017
  3. Jsssssssss, May 15, 2017
  4. dafydd Win User

Search bars edge

Forgot to place an image of the search bars

Search bars edge [​IMG]

Many Thanks

dafydd, May 15, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello dafydd, *Smile

Yep, it's normal.

The top bar is essentially the address bar for Edge, and the second one is the search bar on the "New tab" page.

Brink, May 15, 2017
  6. dafydd Win User
    Thanks Brink.Never noticed that top one before. I must have had my eyes closed.

Thank You once again.

dafydd, May 15, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Search bars edge

1. Search bars edge - Similar Threads - Search bars edge

2. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge search bar is missing from taskbar: Every update and restart bring new problems on this Windows 10 computer. After the usual Tuesday update a moment ago computer restarted but Bing address bar is missing from taskbar. How to fix?...
  3. Edge search bar is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge search bar is missing from taskbar: Every update and restart bring new problems on this Windows 10 computer. After the usual Tuesday update a moment ago computer restarted but Bing address bar is missing from taskbar. How to fix?...
  4. Looking for my search bar in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for my search bar in Edge: Is there a way to add or display a search bar next to the address bar in Microsoft Edge? I have looked but haven't found an answer. Help! :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-my-search-bar-in-edge/b7678238-4902-4041-86ff-68ecb16f14e0
  5. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  6. No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge: I cannot get Edge to give suggestions other than from history or favourites. I have made sure that all setting are correct in settings and even changed the search engines around, but it did not solve the problem. While it's not a deal breaker for using the browser it is...
  7. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  8. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  9. Larger font in Edge's search bar

in Browsers and Email
    Larger font in Edge's search bar: hi guys, is it just me or Edge now has a larger font when you search straight from the search bar? Not that i mind but just wanted to double check or are my eyes playing with me? [img] 120646
  10. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge changing search bar: How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then...