Windows 10: Search Box at random keeps crashing

Discus and support Search Box at random keeps crashing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this problem, where at random the search box on the taskbar will randomly crash and vanish and then re appear and work like normal like nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ali_AGamer, May 22, 2024.

1. Search Box at random keeps crashing

I have this problem, where at random the search box on the taskbar will randomly crash and vanish and then re appear and work like normal like nothing has happened. And then after a long time the same issue will re appear repeating the process. I have done everything in my power to fix this right down to the following:1 Re install WINDOWS 11 via ISO buy completely wiping the NVME drive2 Took out GPU tested onboard graphics3 Tried different drives for discreet GPU4 Exchanged the NVME, RAM, MOTHERBOARD, PSU, CPU, GPU back to amazon got replacements still the same issue5 Updated everything r

:)

Ali_AGamer, May 22, 2024

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 22, 2024
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 22, 2024
  4. AndreyT Win User

Search Box at random keeps crashing

Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly

This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64.
    Search box on the taskbar does not work. Clicking on the Search box makes it change color, but it is not possible to type anything into the box.
    Opening Start Menu before clicking on the Search box sometimes helps. In 1 case out of 10 Search box suddenly starts working. But it only happens when Start Menu is open. When Start Menu is closed, Search box is unresponsive.
    Trying to click on the Search box in such cases generates a barrage of entries in Event Viewer:

• In Application log, lots of errors like this

Event 1000, Application Error

Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.10240.16401, time stamp: 0x55b1a665
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af16e7
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000483497
    Faulting process id: 0xbf4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d004a4be9a50
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Report Id: f7b162bc-bd59-4e47-af93-f7f1b462efc1
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.4.8.176_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

Event 5973, Apps
    Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

• In System Log, one error like this

Event 10010, Distributed COM

The server CortanaUI.AppXd4tad4d57t4wtdbnnmb8v2xtzym8c1n8.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

So, any ideas what could possibly be wrong here?

AndreyT, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Search Box at random keeps crashing

1. Search Box at random keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Search Box random

2. Search Box at random keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box at random keeps crashing: I have this problem, where at random the search box on the taskbar will randomly crash and vanish and then re appear and work like normal like nothing has happened. And then after a long time the same issue will re appear repeating the process. I have done everything in my...
  3. Windows Search keeps crashing

Windows Search keeps crashing: Nothing major is happening problem wise, but I keep seeing this popping up in the Reliably Monitor, with some variants here and there:DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  4. Search bar keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  5. Search bar keeps crashing.

Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  6. Search bar keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Search randomly crashing

in Cortana
    Windows Search randomly crashing: Recently windows search started randomly crashing on me, the only consistent crash I can ID is entering a search query then emptying the query, this causes a crash every time. I'm running on the windows insider program, version 21343.1000. The event on crash is: Faulting...
  8. All native search boxes crash

in Cortana
    All native search boxes crash: I have an issue where I cannot type anything into the Windows Search bar and the windows settings search bar without it crashing. The issue occured when I installed a feature update version 20H2. I have tried multiple fixes including running the truobleshooting programme,...
  9. Explorer Search keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search keeps Crashing: Hi, In File Explorer, if I type in search field the word "trad" the Explorer Crashes after few seconds of searching and all the Desktop crashes too and resets. Instead, if I type only the first 3 letters ("tra") it does work, no crash. What is that? 70124
  10. Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly: This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Search box on the taskbar does not work. Clicking on the Search box makes it change color, but it is not possible to type anything into the box. Opening Start Menu before clicking on the Search box sometimes helps. In 1 case...