Windows 10: Search box blank

Discus and support Search box blank in Cortana to solve the problem; If I type in the 'type here to search' box it brings up a black box. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Marie-Clare, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Search box blank

If I type in the 'type here to search' box it brings up a black box. How do I fix this?

:)

Marie-Clare, Feb 11, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Search box blank

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Search box blank

1. Search box blank - Similar Threads - Search box blank

2. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  3. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  4. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Cortana
  5. Search Box on bottom left in Win10 is BlanK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box on bottom left in Win10 is BlanK: Hi MS, I have a search rectangle at left bottom of screen. THIS is not blank. It has a spyglass and the words, "Type here to search". However when I click on it to search for a file in my file mgr or the internet, it produces a blank, dark gray, box approx. 7" x 8.5" is size....
  6. Search Box on bottom left in Win10 is BlanK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box on bottom left in Win10 is BlanK: Hi MS, I have a search rectangle at left bottom of screen. THIS is not blank. It has a spyglass and the words, "Type here to search". However when I click on it to search for a file in my file mgr or the internet, it produces a blank, dark gray, box approx. 7" x 8.5" is size....
  7. Search Box on bottom left in Win10 is BlanK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  9. Windows update search box comes up blank

in Cortana
    Windows update search box comes up blank: After an update today the search bar brings up a blank box. I have restarted several times but this did not help. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-search-box-comes-up-blank/61381333-4c0b-4a35-8cc7-0a025fb0ba6c"
  10. "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box

in Windows 10 Support
    "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box: Hi, I am a former Windows 7 Ultimate user who upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am having some major problems with the Search feature which renders Windows mostly unusable. The problem consists of the following, in order: 1. Windows Search rebuilds the index with "We're...