Windows 10: Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work

Discus and support Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So when I click on it, it gets little and sometimes no matter what I do I can not type in the box I can not edit it. I like to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Jun 11, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work

Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work [​IMG]

So when I click on it, it gets little and sometimes no matter what I do I can not type in the box I can not edit it.
    I like to use the everything search from void tools but it will not work on a network drive. So I have to use windows search and windows search acts like its doing many things but it does not seam like its doing much searching. LIke it takes windows 5 minutes and then it finally starts to show files one at a time where voidtools search shows everything instantly. Why is windows search so slow and messed up.

Are there any other search tools available to us that will allow us to search a drive that is shared ?
    Any one know why the text gets so small like this ? This is windows 10 on a alienware laptop.

It seams it may have to do with the whole Nvidia situation. ?

:)

DonMurray, Jun 11, 2020
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 11, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work

1. Search Box Changes to a tiny little font and often wont work - Similar Threads - Search Box Changes

2. Is anyone at Microsoft actually working on the problem of tiny, tiny text in dialog boxes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone at Microsoft actually working on the problem of tiny, tiny text in dialog boxes?: Apparently there is still no solution to the tiny, tiny text in my dialog boxes, Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad laptop. I have been waiting patently for a solution. Is anyone at Microsoft working on the problem. I am so tired of having to use a magnifying glass to see the text in...
  3. Can't change tiny font in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change tiny font in MS Paint: I have watched videos which say to highlight the text then change the font size by clicking on the font in the right column. Doesn't work, font remains tiny. Same problem in Paint 2D and 3D. It has worked intermittently in the past but today no luck.Help!Thanks...
  4. Can't change tiny font in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change tiny font in MS Paint: I have watched videos which say to highlight the text then change the font size by clicking on the font in the right column. Doesn't work, font remains tiny. Same problem in Paint 2D and 3D. It has worked intermittently in the past but today no luck.Help!Thanks...
  5. This little box thing wont go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    This little box thing wont go away: I need help how to close this thing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-little-box-thing-wont-go-away/916ffe11-a2e5-4213-82fa-77fe5d7bf05c
  6. Search font changed

Search font changed: Hello, my font for the search bar for windows has changed It has changed from Segoe UI to SimSun. I've tried to reset the default font but that hasn't worked. And when I made a new user account the search bar was Segoe UI font....
  7. Change font color on "Type here to search" box

Change font color on "Type here to search" box: Hello, when I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white so my question is, how do I change the color of the text in the "Type here to search" to black? Thank you Bob...
  8. The Search area to the lett has tiny font

in Windows 10 Support
    The Search area to the lett has tiny font: This is my issue. The Search area to the let has tiny font. How do I enlarge it? The Notification area on the right was like that, then went back normal while I was searching for a solution. It was then that I discovered the Search area. What is the fix? HELP! [img] 159185
  9. Teeny tiny font

in Windows 10 Support
    Teeny tiny font: Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. Sort of randomly the "pop up" screen font on my system changes to a very small size. The easiest place to notice this is the date pop up when hovering over the time on sys tray. I've attached snips of the tiny and normal...
  10. Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....: I am using Thunderbird mail client version 72.0b2 (32 bit) and the font is really small. I can;t figure out how to make it bigger and any add-ons say they are not compatible with this version of Thunderbird. I first tried version 68.3.1 but ran into the same problem. I use...