Windows 10: Search box covers shortcuts!

Discus and support Search box covers shortcuts! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oktayyahyavi, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Search box covers shortcuts!

After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make shortcuts visible I have to hide them. Look at the video I recorded from this strange bug:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p...ew?usp=sharing

:)

oktayyahyavi, Aug 24, 2015

2. Search box covers shortcuts!

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I performed SFC scan as explained in the guide. I saved datails file. All of the errors were about a file called "kyw8-kpsl-mono-pipelineconfig.xml" of prnkycl1.inf:

Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"kyw8-kpsl-mono-pipelineconfig.xml" of prnkycl1.inf, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate" in the store, hash mismatch

You can view the contents of sfcdetails.txt file here:

sfcdetails.txt

Is the corrupted file related to the error?

How can I find a good copy of the file?

OktayYahyavi, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Search box covers shortcuts!

Hi Oktay,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will be glad to assist you with it.

Try the below suggestion and check if it helps.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if the information was helpful to you. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Search box covers shortcuts!

1. Search box covers shortcuts! - Similar Threads - Search box covers

2. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen: I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it that much but I want to fix it...
  3. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen: I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it that much but I want to fix it...
  4. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Cortana
    Search box in windows 10 is covered up: When searching in Windows 10, I cannot see all of the results because this is this big grey box covering the results. How can I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-in-windows-10-is-covered-up/00b1ac4b-494d-4866-bd5c-de379f0b0c71
  6. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box in windows 10 is covered up: When searching in Windows 10, I cannot see all of the results because this is this big grey box covering the results. How can I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-in-windows-10-is-covered-up/00b1ac4b-494d-4866-bd5c-de379f0b0c71
  7. Search box in windows 10 is covered up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search covered by black box

Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  9. Black opaque box covering search

in Cortana
    Black opaque box covering search: Whenever I try to report this, it disappears, however I have managed to get it on Feedback Hub, although, unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't even look at feedback on there....
  10. how to close the quick search box shortcut

how to close the quick search box shortcut: every time I press the ctrl twice the quick search box opens up and I don't know how to stop it from popping up. I use windows 10, the quick search bar is annoying and is getting in the way of my work....