Windows 10: Search box covers shortcuts!

Discus and support Search box covers shortcuts! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oktayyahyavi, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Search box covers shortcuts!

After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make shortcuts visible I have to hide them. Look at the video I recorded from this strange bug:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p...ew?usp=sharing

:)

oktayyahyavi, Aug 24, 2015

2. Search box covers shortcuts!

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I performed SFC scan as explained in the guide. I saved datails file. All of the errors were about a file called "kyw8-kpsl-mono-pipelineconfig.xml" of prnkycl1.inf:

Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"kyw8-kpsl-mono-pipelineconfig.xml" of prnkycl1.inf, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate" in the store, hash mismatch

You can view the contents of sfcdetails.txt file here:

sfcdetails.txt

Is the corrupted file related to the error?

How can I find a good copy of the file?

OktayYahyavi, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Search box covers shortcuts!

Hi Oktay,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will be glad to assist you with it.

Try the below suggestion and check if it helps.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if the information was helpful to you. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Search box covers shortcuts!

1. Search box covers shortcuts! - Similar Threads - Search box covers

2. info box is always covered

in Windows 10 Customization
    info box is always covered: what good is the info box when the cursor covers it, and as soon as i move the cursor the box disappears with no delay!! i have been using windows ever sense it came out. it has always been this way. so ether i don't get it or microsoft has been negligent all this time, or i...
  3. search box

in Cortana
    search box: there is no search box on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/039f26cd-e174-4222-a3e3-f4f79c6afc50"
  4. SEARCH BOX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SEARCH BOX: Why is the search box not showing up after logging in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/568d9573-17d0-477c-805d-c1e4837c8104
  5. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  6. how to close the quick search box shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to close the quick search box shortcut: every time I press the ctrl twice the quick search box opens up and I don't know how to stop it from popping up. I use windows 10, the quick search bar is annoying and is getting in the way of my work....
  7. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  8. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

in Cortana
    Half of the Cortana Search is covered.: When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens?[ATTACH]...
  9. No search box

in Windows 10 Support
    No search box: Have just clean installed 10 twice now but cannot get the Start button to show me the search box - anu ideas please as I do not want to install yet again because the updates took absolutely ages and my only alternative is to run 10 in Classic Shell as per my other laptop...
  10. Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box: Hi everyone, I don't know if this option even exists, but it's worth a try: When I Installed Win 10, if I wanted to quickly access one of those 6 Win 10 PC 'Folders' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos), I would just had to type in the folder in the...