Windows 10: Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

Discus and support Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS in Cortana to solve the problem; I have family photos, and each JPEG has its own tags and comments in the metadata "behind" the image. The textbox in the upper right corner of the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by VWP1, Mar 4, 2022.

1. VWP1 Win User

Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

I have family photos, and each JPEG has its own tags and comments in the metadata "behind" the image. The textbox in the upper right corner of the folder window is not yielding accurate results when I search for "Birthday Party" or "Graduation." Please help.

:)

VWP1, Mar 4, 2022

2. How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

I'm adding Tags to my JPEG Metadata in Windows 10 to help search and sort pictures, but Tags are sometimes misspelled or entered without a separator (semicolon in my case) and Windows will never forget my typos.

I have no problem editing, correcting, or even remove Tags from my JPEG Metadata, and a simple search will show that there's no longer a single file on my computer which is tagged with e.g. "Grandma Gearbox" - but as soon as I try to Tag a photo with the
    word "Grand..." or "Gear..." - Windows will never forget and still keep suggesting every crazy combination I ever managed to type in a hurry.

How can I make the Windows File Explorer forget about my old typos?

Jostein Bakklund, Mar 4, 2022
  3. need to search for TAGS

Hello
    Have created name tags in image files, want to find an easy way to search for individual tags.

i read this

Using Tags to Search in Windows 10 File Explorer

• Open the File Explorer by pressing “Win + E” keys.
    • Click on the search box and then go to the “Search Tools” in the menu bar.
    • Select “Other properties” to expand the options.
    • Click “Tags” to allow Windows to reference tags when looking for the file.

But I just cant find search tools...Also there's meant to be an option of a drop down list of tags to select

I am certain the answer is simple, but its eluding me, Thanks

reddwarf4ever, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

Thank you for the quick reply Farah, but this is not related to the search history. I had already wiped it out in an attempt to see if it helped, but that does not affect the drop-down list that pops up as soon as you start
    adding new tags to a JPEGs metadata. The drop-down list that appears then - will still remember all my previous typos, used tags, and tags with source unknown.

Maybe there is a tag history in the registry, similar to the search history found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery?

Best regards,

Jostein

Jostein Bakklund, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

1. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS - Similar Threads - Search Box Explorer

2. file manager search box top right does not function consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file manager search box top right does not function consistently: In File Manager, with the "documents" directory selected on the left, clicking in the top right search box does not result in the cursor displaying there. If on the left hand side a folder several layers lower is selected it sometimes works. If text is entered bottom left of...
  3. Windows Explorer not searching tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer not searching tags: I have tagged a bunch of images and when I search for the tag, nothing comes up. Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-searching-tags/7cd998a5-c005-4d9d-9b94-19c270c8b872
  4. Windows Explorer not searching tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not searching tags: I have tagged a bunch of images and when I search for the tag, nothing comes up. Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-searching-tags/7cd998a5-c005-4d9d-9b94-19c270c8b872
  5. Windows Explorer not searching tags

6. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  7. File Explorer and media metadata tags

File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  8. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS: I have family photos, and each JPEG has its own tags and comments in the metadata "behind" the image. The textbox in the upper right corner of the folder window is not yielding accurate results when I search for "Birthday Party" or "Graduation." Please help....
  9. Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS

Search Box in Explorer Window top right Doesn't look for TAGS metadata in JPEGS: I have family photos, and each JPEG has its own tags and comments in the metadata "behind" the image. The textbox in the upper right corner of the folder window is not yielding accurate results when I search for "Birthday Party" or "Graduation." Please help....
  10. Metadata & Tags in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...