Windows 10: Search Box in Task bar not working.

Discus and support Search Box in Task bar not working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chuck1701b, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Search Box in Task bar not working.

The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

:)

chuck1701b, Sep 24, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 24, 2022
  3. CliffSore Win User
    search box missing in task bar

I have cortana (whatever that is) in my list of apps but how do I get it to the task bar to make this work?

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

CliffSore, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Search Box in Task bar not working.

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Search Box in Task bar not working.

1. Search Box in Task bar not working. - Similar Threads - Search Box Task

2. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  3. Search Box in Task bar not working.

Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  5. Focus box above search task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus box above search task bar: Hi, I have this opaque box at the bottom of my desktop above my task bar. This is notepad opened so I could add arrows as the box is hard to see against any other color than white. When I hover a mouse over that area my session wheel spins. I cannot override the focus of the...
  6. Focus box above search task bar

Focus box above search task bar: Hi, I have this opaque box at the bottom of my desktop above my task bar. This is notepad opened so I could add arrows as the box is hard to see against any other color than white. When I hover a mouse over that area my session wheel spins. I cannot override the focus of the...
  7. Search box lost from task bar.

in Cortana
    Search box lost from task bar.: How to add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-lost-from-task-bar/d7dbf3c1-ff70-44e4-bec5-26ab7db38bbb
  8. Windows 10 Search Box on Task Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box on Task Bar Not Working: The search box to the right of the Windows Button on the task bar stopped working. When I click the cursor into it, a blank box briefly pops above the search box like it usually does when it shows various items but quickly then disappears. The cursor then disappears from...
  9. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  10. search box on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53