Windows 10: Search box in Windows 10- No results

Discus and support Search box in Windows 10- No results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shneezal, Jul 29, 2015.

1. shneezal Win User

Search box in Windows 10- No results

Hi

When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH

But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it IT WON'T COME UP!

:)

shneezal, Jul 29, 2015

2. Cortana search box in taskbar and search box in settings is not working well.I am unable to search.As soon as I type 1 or 2 letters it freezes.

Cortana search box in taskbar and search box in settings is not working well.I am unable to search.As soon as I type 1 or 2 letters it freezes.

suyashthakur, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Cortana search box in taskbar and search box in settings is not working well.I am unable to search.As soon as I type 1 or 2 letters it freezes.

Have you tried to rollback to the previous build from the Creators Update ?? : How to rollback & uninstall Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 29, 2015
  4. trebills Win User

I am having the same issue. Usually the the file highlights in yellow and the most relavant tot he search goes to the top and the other non relevant files dont show up at all. This is how it worked on Windows 8.1. I am not sure how to fix it anyone know how?

trebills, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Search box in Windows 10- No results - Similar Threads - Search box results

2. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10: When I previously clicked on the "Type here to search" box, it brought up my favourite searches showing links to eg my bank, my supermarket., Amazon and other useful links.When I've clicked on it in the last few days, I see this:This is useless for me. Is there any other way...
  3. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10: When I previously clicked on the "Type here to search" box, it brought up my favourite searches showing links to eg my bank, my supermarket., Amazon and other useful links.When I've clicked on it in the last few days, I see this:This is useless for me. Is there any other way...
  4. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  6. Icons disappearing in Windows 10 Search Box results after a while

in Cortana
    Icons disappearing in Windows 10 Search Box results after a while: Can anyone please advise on this? It's a strange issue with the Search Box and don't get me started on how utterly hopeless I find Windows 10's search facility compared to WIndows 7. Briefly, when I start up my PC, search box suggests things correctly with appropriate icons...
  7. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  8. windows search box not producing result from search criteria

in Cortana
    windows search box not producing result from search criteria: windows search box not producing result from search criteria https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-not-producing-result-from/e03e771f-4983-40e5-a1b8-c6af5df12d62"
  9. Can't use mouse to select search result through search box.

in Cortana
    Can't use mouse to select search result through search box.: After updating to Windows 10 October Update (re-released one), I can't select anything from result screen using my mouse. I can do so using cursor keys though. Any solution for it? My Windows 10 build is 17763.134. Also, this happens too. [ATTACH]...
  10. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...