Windows 10: Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

Discus and support Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to be able to search mapped network drives in the search box? When I go to the indexing options I don't see it being an option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/illuzionx2x, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

Is it possible to be able to search mapped network drives in the search box? When I go to the indexing options I don't see it being an option. I rebuilt the search index already, too! I'd appreciate some type of solution! It'd be very useful to me. Thanks!

submitted by /u/illuzionx2x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/illuzionx2x, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Dalmango Win User

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Thanks,

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive? - D Drive = Solid State Drive; 1 of 2 internal drives (the other being an optical drive);
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed? - Indexing completed on each attempt of rectification;
    • In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter - Done prior to posting; useless! It does not find any problems.

Dalmango, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Hi,

There could be a possibility of a corruption in search and indexing. It's also possible that the indexing was not completed yet that's why it's not showing the missing files. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive?
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps to sort out the issue. Go to Control Panel. In the search box, type
    troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click
    View all, and then select Search and Indexing. Follow the onscreen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives ba52b872-de17-476e-87e9-f4e053cd96bd?upload=true.jpg

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

1. Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives - Similar Threads - Search Box Index

2. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  3. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  4. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  5. Index a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Index a network drive: Hi all I have a 2TB network attached storage NAS drive on my home network. I can't get Windows 10 to index mapped drives on the NAS for fast search results. Can anyone help please - there must be a simple solution, searching is such a basic thing. Thanks Running 64...
  6. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  7. Can't index and search network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't index and search network drive: A z drive exists which is a share on a QNAP NAS. On other Windows PC's, when a user searches in File Explorer they get results for files on that NAS share. On this specific Windows PC, they get minimal results from the NAS Share. It's as if indexing isn't complete. I've...
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...
  10. Index Mapped Drives?

Index Mapped Drives?: Can Windows 10 finally index mapped/network drives? 7546