Windows 10: search box locked up

Discus and support search box locked up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; completed windows update and now search box is locked up.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CarolHoughton1, Aug 14, 2019.

1. search box locked up

completed windows update and now search box is locked up.

:)

CarolHoughton1, Aug 14, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Aug 14, 2019
  4. search box locked up

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

search box locked up

1. search box locked up - Similar Threads - search box locked

2. SEARCH BOX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SEARCH BOX: Why is the search box not showing up after logging in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/568d9573-17d0-477c-805d-c1e4837c8104
  3. Search box not responding

in Cortana
    Search box not responding: I just updated to the most recent version of win 10 and have already had this problem 3 times. The search box just stops working out of the blue. I can still open it but when I move the cursor over it it starts loading. The text line is blinking but it doesn't register...
  4. How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Search Bar on the Taskbar is one of the most useful components of Windows 10. One can use it to search for files and folders on the computer or the connected OneDrive cloud account. Along with that, searches on [...] This post How to enable the Search...
  5. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  6. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  7. Search box not active

in Cortana
    Search box not active: Search box is shown but typing is not shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-not-active/06f0b7c0-01a1-4d99-8b34-3dfa98421f43"
  8. No search box

in Windows 10 Support
    No search box: Have just clean installed 10 twice now but cannot get the Start button to show me the search box - anu ideas please as I do not want to install yet again because the updates took absolutely ages and my only alternative is to run 10 in Classic Shell as per my other laptop...
  9. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998
  10. No Search Everywhere Box

in Windows 10 Support
    No Search Everywhere Box: It is not there when I click on the Start Button, even if I enlarge the resultant display vertically. I see, for example a Most Used list, then a few other entries which end at "All Apps," with no search box below that. Does anyone have a spare Search Everywhere box to...