Windows 10: Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

Discus and support Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to utilize a 16 June Restore Point a few days ago because of a printer issue. Restore could not complete.Since then, the Search next to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Delayed Take Off, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

I tried to utilize a 16 June Restore Point a few days ago because of a printer issue. Restore could not complete.Since then, the Search next to the Start button has been unable to accept typing - in other words, it cannot be used. This in turn has prevented me from returning to Restore to undo my attempted Restore. I have tried a different keyboard, but this can't type into Search either.I don't use Search for the Internet Help appreciated.

:)

Delayed Take Off, Jul 12, 2022

2. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jul 12, 2022
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Jul 12, 2022
  4. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

1. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It - Similar Threads - Search Box next

2. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  3. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  4. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Cortana
  5. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It: I tried to utilize a 16 June Restore Point a few days ago because of a printer issue. Restore could not complete.Since then, the Search next to the Start button has been unable to accept typing - in other words, it cannot be used. This in turn has prevented me from returning...
  6. Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Box next to start: I Can No Longer Type Into It: I tried to utilize a 16 June Restore Point a few days ago because of a printer issue. Restore could not complete.Since then, the Search next to the Start button has been unable to accept typing - in other words, it cannot be used. This in turn has prevented me from returning...
  7. I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box

in Cortana
    I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box: I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box after updating my windows. Can anyone help me out?...
  8. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu: I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few days ago. I have tried every fix I could find, and spent hours trying to fix it with no results....
  9. Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...: I have an unusual issue where I cannot type anything into Windows search boxes. Specifically the built in 'Search' in the explorer windows, and the 'Start' menu search doesn't show when typing. However I can search in the Control Panel. Also, to confound this issue further...
  10. Can no longer start timer from taskbar search box

in Cortana
    Can no longer start timer from taskbar search box: Hi, I just recently noticed that I can no longer start a timer easily from the Windows 10 taskbar search box. Previously I was able to type "timer 23 min" and it would start a 23 minute timer immediately when I hit enter. But now the best match is under "See web results" and...