Windows 10: Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

Discus and support Search Box - Not in Taks Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Followed the two recommended solutions. No avail..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulSpike1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

Followed the two recommended solutions. No avail..

:)

PaulSpike1, Aug 15, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Lost Search Box

Hi Richard,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

It might have happened if you have selected
    Show search icon instead Show search box from the task bar.

In that case, I suggest you to:

• Right-click on the task bar.

• Click on Search.

• Select Show search box.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance with the issue. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

location of search box on task bar, can't find it

Hello Charlie,

I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Search Box option is not available in Windows.

If you want to access search bar which is next to the Start Menu, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Toolbars.

3. Click on Cortana and click on Show Search box

Write to us in case you need further assistance on activating the Search Bar in Windows.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

1. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar - Similar Threads - Search Box Taks

2. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  3. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ghost box from search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost box from search bar: So I have see many reports of people having reports of a "Ghost Box" stuck on the bottom of their screen above the search feature in windows 11, and I've been having the same issue. Except for me said box appears almost on an hourly basis, and having to open up task manager...
  6. Ghost box from search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost box from search bar: So I have see many reports of people having reports of a "Ghost Box" stuck on the bottom of their screen above the search feature in windows 11, and I've been having the same issue. Except for me said box appears almost on an hourly basis, and having to open up task manager...
  7. Removeal of the top search bar/box .

Removeal of the top search bar/box .: Still cannot remove the top search bar/box . Instructions given do not work, I have a Dell computer. Can will someone please help and me remove this ungainly top search bar*moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Search box lost from task bar.

in Cortana
    Search box lost from task bar.: How to add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-lost-from-task-bar/d7dbf3c1-ff70-44e4-bec5-26ab7db38bbb
  9. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  10. search box on task bar

search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53