Windows 10: Search box not working

Discus and support Search box not working in Cortana to solve the problem; I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Tomasz Gardys, May 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

1. Search box not working

I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"})

I get most errors like that: "Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use."

:)

Tomasz Gardys, May 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 14, 2019 at 6:22 PM
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

4. Search box not working

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 14, 2019 at 6:22 PM
Thema:

Search box not working

1. Search box not working - Similar Threads - Search box working

2. windows start button and search box stopped working

in Cortana
    windows start button and search box stopped working: windows start button and search box stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-box-stopped/ad7b97bd-6e0d-4d84-a0f7-ea6634a7d8fe"
  3. Search box not active

in Cortana
    Search box not active: Search box is shown but typing is not shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-not-active/06f0b7c0-01a1-4d99-8b34-3dfa98421f43"
  4. Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work: Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work. Tried quite a number of "fixes" online; none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-search-box-cortana-does-not-work/640dcbf5-0982-440b-ad5d-a31b4295684e"
  5. windows search box stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box stopped working: after the last windows 10 update my windows search box stopped workin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-stopped-working/8f66a1d6-8559-414a-8db7-bdbb644aa326
  6. windows search box is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box is not working: my laptop is slowed down. microsoft edge is not opening. windows search box is also not working. any other application also not opening . what to do? settings also not working....
  7. No search box

in Windows 10 Support
    No search box: Have just clean installed 10 twice now but cannot get the Start button to show me the search box - anu ideas please as I do not want to install yet again because the updates took absolutely ages and my only alternative is to run 10 in Classic Shell as per my other laptop...
  8. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998
  9. microsoft edge and search box not working

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft edge and search box not working: All was working a couple of days ago, now today I can not access edge. double click nothing, went to task bar and cannot enter anything into the "Search the web and windows" then went to windows icon and do not see/get the apps What has happened? Tried to get to updates...
  10. No Search Everywhere Box

in Windows 10 Support
    No Search Everywhere Box: It is not there when I click on the Start Button, even if I enlarge the resultant display vertically. I see, for example a Most Used list, then a few other entries which end at "All Apps," with no search box below that. Does anyone have a spare Search Everywhere box to...