Windows 10: Search box on taskbar

Discus and support Search box on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Jennings, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Search box on taskbar

Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it.

:)

George Jennings, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 3, 2020
  3. No search box on taskbar Search box on taskbar :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Search box on taskbar

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Search box on taskbar

1. Search box on taskbar - Similar Threads - Search box taskbar

2. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  3. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  4. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  5. Taskbar Search Box Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search Box Not Working: I've been using Windows 10 on this laptop for a few years. Yesterday things seemed to have a bit of a meltdown, and I did a restart which took a LONG time. Now for my main Admin account the Taskbar Search box does not work. I don't even see SearchUI running for this user....
  6. Search Box in taskbar not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box in taskbar not working.: Yesterday my searchbox just kept closing whenever I tried to use ut. Tried re indexing it, resetting it, restart it, running the touble shooter, almost everything , but still it didnt get fixed TOday my search box just stopped working, no response when I click it,' Need...
  7. Taskbar Search box non-compliant

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search box non-compliant: Hello all, Basically, I changed my system language to Spanish, and all of Windows is compliant with this, except for the Search box on the Taskbar. Instead, this was in Spanish, until I had opened the Start Menu a couple of times, at which it reverted to English. I've been...
  8. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  9. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"
  10. Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.

in Cortana
    Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.: After the latest updates I am unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. I have tried all the solutions on the internet. Powershell commands, the ctfmon fix, restarting windows explorer, all of it. No matter what I try, the search box won't respond. The latest updates...